Problem with friend's 1999 Regal

ManicMechanic

"I've had my first problem with the Buick. Ok, it went back to the dealership to have a malfunctioning sensor replaced a few days after purchase and when I got it back the orange gear position indicator light in the dash was out. PNRD21 is still lit in green but there's no position indicator light in orange anymore. I think it's just a matter of plugging something back in but i'm not sure where to find it. I've checked the fuses and they're all ok, i've looked underneath the dash for wires as well as under the hood but I can't seem to track down anything that looks like it'd go to something in the dash. Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't had time to get a tear down book for this vehicle yet...the one I have for the Corsica has done me well for both the Lumina and the Corsica...it isn't at all relevant for this one."

Anyone have an answer?

sounds to me like the infamous regal cluster issue, from what I remember hearing some resistors get burned up in the cluster and cause the displays to start going out.

I'll prod Shaun and see if he can shed some light on it for you.

not to steal your thead but i didnt see a reason to start another thread i have the same problem only i have the orange light in park but no other gear is this normal for a 94 cutlass

not to steal your thead but i didnt see a reason to start another thread i have the same problem only i have the orange light in park but no other gear is this normal for a 94 cutlass

Nope.