GTP Possibly Totaled

Z34guy

looking through the first pics, i was totally thinking 'dibs on the engine' but then i saw that last one.... yikes, nevermind.

sucks, and well, looks totaled to me...

she should have taken out the deer....never swerve to avoid animals, you normally end up doing more harm then good ....she'd had been better off just standing on the brakes and taking the deer out if she didn't stop in time....is she feeling any better?

Hope your sister is OK.

Looks like it'll most likely be totalled...

...But the damage looks more like a pole to me than an animal. Most of the damage is centered at a specific point, and the hood looks like it is rolled around a pole at the center. Plus there is no other damage across the front of the hood, as there would be if you hit a deer or other large animal (I've hit a deer, and been with two friends when they've hit deer as well). If no one saw her hit the animal, you might want to question her...

IE: 231631737_5d932336b7.jpg

...But the damage looks more like a pole to me than an animal. Most of the damage is centered at a specific point, and the hood looks like it is rolled around a pole at the center. Plus there is no other damage across the front of the hood, as there would be if you hit a deer or other large animal (I've hit a deer, and been with two friends when they've hit deer as well). If no one saw her hit the animal, you might want to question her...

A deer jumped out. She swerved to miss it and hit a pole..

^^^

in case anyone else can't read

she should have taken out the deer....never swerve to avoid animals, you normally end up doing more harm then good ....she'd had been better off just standing on the brakes and taking the deer out if she didn't stop in time....is she feeling any better?

Agreed.

Why would anything be wrong with the engine?

Looks like the pole was in a ditch, the car by insurance terms is done without a doubt unless there's like 30,000 miles on it or something like that.

Is your sister's neck normal?

One girl that I work with was hit so hard with her airbag that her kids couldn't recognize her.

Her eyes are also damaged from powder coming out when the airbag deployed.

I usually have some type of glasses on, usually sunglasses.

yes sometimes the chemicals in airbags can be very dangerous if they come in contact with skin, we have transported victims for airbag chem burns from a wreck w/o any other injury

My sister's neck hasn't been normal since she was 18 (A different car accident... so bad she shouldn't even be able to walk right now). She has a burn on the right side of her neck from the airbag (she has to raise the seat to see over the dashboard. She's like 5'3"). I'm going to see if I can convince her to go to the emergency room for her neck injuries.