GTP Possibly Totaled

Z34guy

The Pontiac Grand Prix my sister bought from KevinGTP (mymonte.com) is possibly totaled as of 5 minutes ago.

My sister was on the way back home from Walmart. Not even 100 feet from the house, an animal jumped out, probably a deer. Whatever it was, she hit it. Bumper smashed in, hood curled up, windshield smashed, airbags deployed... It still ran long enough to drive into the driveway. Dad says it can probably be fixed.

yea she's ok. scared, her neck hurts and she has some seatbelt burn on her neck.

glad that she's ok.....So.....do you have any pics? .....scared chics and belt/"burn" marks always seem to get my motor going...

what year of GTP?

I just got to thinking... IF it is totaled... we have 2 different cars. one with a siezed engine, and one totaled with a good engine... Swap the L67 into a '97 Chrysler Concorde? It would be the same situation as the guy who put the Corvette LS1 into the Honda Civic.

yea she's ok. scared, her neck hurts and she has some seatbelt burn on her neck.

glad that she's ok.....So.....do you have any pics? .....scared chics and belt/"burn" marks always seem to get my motor going...

....WTF Jeremy? :lol: :lol:

I just dropped off the film at CVS for development. Should have pics up in a few hours. Wwe looked closer at the car in the daylight... It looks inbetween totaled and salvagable... Could go either way. oh and I got the full story from her (had a hard time understanding her last night... she's still a bit jumpy). A deer jumped out. She swerved to miss it and hit a pole. If it is totaled, we'll take the money insurance gives us, take out all the engine bits (engine, wiring harness, PCM, etc...) and probably shove it in her old '97 Chrysler Concorde LX as the motor seized at 168,000 miles.

No offense but you are probably better off parting out the GTP and buying the correct motor for the Concorde then trying to retrofit an L67 into it. Way less work and at least you will have one running car.

I just dropped off the film at CVS for development. Should have pics up in a few hours. Wwe looked closer at the car in the daylight... It looks inbetween totaled and salvagable... Could go either way. oh and I got the full story from her (had a hard time understanding her last night... she's still a bit jumpy). A deer jumped out. She swerved to miss it and hit a pole. If it is totaled, we'll take the money insurance gives us, take out all the engine bits (engine, wiring harness, PCM, etc...) and probably shove it in her old '97 Chrysler Concorde LX as the motor seized at 168,000 miles.

:lol: :lol:

What backcountry part of the country do you live in?

....WTF Jeremy? :lol: :lol:

....so, where are the pics of the sister....

Hey,

Wish I had seen this last night.

Still time for it today.

There's a lot of exercises that your sis. can do to help her neck if she has whiplash. Search them up on the next, here's just the quick 411:

1.) Ask sister if her head feels "too heavy" if yes. Continue.

2.) Whiplash happens when you lose the natural curve in your neck. It curves inward and when you have whiplash it's more or less straight and uncompressed which is why your head feels like it weighs a tonne.

3.) Take a bathroom towel (shower one) and roll it up. Hold it against the back of the neck (without applying pressure to the neck) while standing. Slowly work on bending your head back over the towel 10 reps and then maybe half an hour later another 10 very slowly. The key is restoring the muscles and curve of your neck, and then you'll feel better.

Hope she feels better. Scary stuff.

So long as the damage is only to the front radiator core/frame horns that car is easily fixable. It will probably be totalled though since its a 10 year old domestic car.

from the front radiator support forward, everthing needs replacing (besides the strut tower braces, the hood, windshield, front engine mounts and airbags). no the roof didn't crumple. It could be fixed. It looks like it could go either way. If it is totaled, my sister'll take the money insurance gives us, possibly part it out, and look for another '97-'03 GTP

oddly, it still runs and moves. :eek: