Aux post

GtipGary

Does anyone know the "technical term" for the aux jump post?? Or if autozone would even sell something like that?? Cause mine is stripped out and its fucking everything up and i need a new one asap...

Crap, I've been hitting junkyards left and right the last few week. Wish you would have told me earlier, I would have snagged one for you. Why don't you hit the Pick N' Pull in Hammond?

Does anyone know the "technical term" for the aux jump post?? Or if autozone would even sell something like that?? Cause mine is stripped out and its fucking everything up and i need a new one asap...

auxiliary positive terminal... agreed with dikran, and secondly, what's the car doing?

auxiliary positive terminal... agreed with dikran, and secondly, what's the car doing?

Tim's right...that's what the parts store would know it as. A bad ground on there can cause various electrical issues...I know from experience.

Tim's right...that's what the parts store would know it as. A bad ground on there can cause various electrical issues...I know from experience.

x2!

my ABS wouldnt work, and my turn signals were slow, and pretty much it was dumb.

Go to the junkyard and pull one. That's what I did.

You'll have to pull the whole post/fuse panel. It's not removable, just make sure you repin the fuse panel right. It's really easy.

Ohh and get a nut from a 95+ car they are a captured nut and washer as opposed to the stupid brass nut on previous cars.

I might have one at home. I can look on friday if you dont get one from another member or from the yard first.

That would be great im still having problems with this damn thing...

I apologize for doing this, but I have some questions about this aux post terminal for a '97 CS...... can the bolt if it's not tightened properly create problems like lights dimming when the abs kicks in. When we turn on the rear defroster, the lights dim, and the turn signals are slow, even when the rad fan kicks in the lights dim a little.....

Sounds more like a ground problem to me. Doesn't hurt to make sure the post it tight (takes all of 5 seconds), but I'd say there is corrosion somewhere on one of the major grounds.

My sister's '95 had all sorts of electrical problems like that when the post cracked and the bolt couldn't be fully tightened anymore, but it could also be a ground as 1990lumina said.

You wouldnt believe how stupid my car would act when that thing came loose... My signals when turned on would be really slow and make my car bog out when stopped. My headlights and everyother lighted appliance in my car would constantly flicker (to the point that it would annoy the shit out of you). My starter sometimes wouldnt work it would just click. My subs and radio would cut off at times. Not to meantion how much it made the car bog out... i mean when i would be rolling up to make a stop, as soon as i dropped below about fifteen mph you would hear and feel the rpms drop down like five hundred. Then when it came time to go again, the car would hesitate REALLY bad for about five seconds( almost similiar to a very badly plugged catylitic converter) after that it would pick back up, but i noticed that it didnt want to shift normally too... Needless to say once tightened (replaced in my case) all of these issues were resolved and the car runs perfect.

I replaced my starter and cleaned all my grounds. That's when I started to get issues.

The issue I was getting was only parts of my cluster would light up and sometimes my gauges, lights, and everything would flicker and go crazy.

I cleaned all my grounds and replaced the aux post. My aux post was melting the plastic around it and the cap. :willynilly:

I followed this write-up. I also cleaned my grounds by the battery tray and along the radiator core. I think these are for the headlights and really not necessary. Make sure to clean or replace the battery cables and their grounds also.

I had a look at the grounding cables in the engine bay. The nuts look very clean.... I don't know if the aux post box would need changing, it doesn't look like anything is melting yet....

This baffles me a little, do the second gen w bodies have these issues or on newer cars do they tuck the ground wires away so they don't corrode. I must say that I can live with the slight flickered, unlike some others on here who have lots of trouble with it, like the car bogging out...

The only problem i had with mine is that nut on the aux post would loosen up just a little bit. Then all of these little problems would come up... as soon as i tightened it they would go away. It would barely come loose, when i retightened it, i could only get about a quarter of a turn before it was tight again...

I was trying to compete with Rob for posting horrible pictures.

But yes, they do have Aux. Posts. In fact, most modern vehicle's now have Aux posts, as they are generally easier to get to than the battery.