new car - new radio setup!

daswulfkralle

well, as a few of you have seen, I'm new here, so I figure I'll share my audio setup here

up from i have DEH-4000 Pioneer headunit

front doors - pioneer 5/14" 2-ways, Power Akoustik tweeters

in back - pioneer 6x9" 3-ways

plans - rockford fosgate, or alpine 4ch amp, and/or single 10" kenwood sub

Pioneer decks are the only ones I will run, but as for speakers there are better alternatives out there for the same/little more money.

x2 - feature/value ratio is much higher in Pioneers.

yea but not everybody buys their HU at walmart.

??

On another note, I would say you're going to love that head unit. I also use it in my Regal, and its awesome. :biggrin:

But as for speakers, like others mentioned, you have much better options.

Yeah, the headunit is definitely very good. the speakers - get the job done? I bought this all at a oneshot from BestBuy maybe 2 years ago? and installed them all that day, so, I never did a full shop around for everything. Only complaint is that the reciever amp is the only thing powering the speakers, so no real power or loudness, but I guess thats ok, I don't want to kill my hearing, nor do I want to steal load off my alternator :-P I like my 32 mpg highway haha.

Yeah, the headunit is definitely very good. the speakers - get the job done? I bought this all at a oneshot from BestBuy maybe 2 years ago? and installed them all that day, so, I never did a full shop around for everything. Only complaint is that the reciever amp is the only thing powering the speakers, so no real power or loudness, but I guess thats ok, I don't want to kill my hearing, nor do I want to steal load off my alternator :-P I like my 32 mpg highway haha.

I highly doubt alternator load will affect your fuel economy.

It does. Generally by a few mpg's.

+1. my brother has a 99 Saturn wagon with LL0 (1.9 DOHC) he put amp and subs in, and got 34 mpg highway, took them out and now gets 38.

Wow. I stand corrected then. I guess I shouldn't blast my sub as loud as I usually do, lol.

Wow. I stand corrected then. I guess I shouldn't blast my sub as loud as I usually do, lol.

It's the load draw actually of the alternator, creates more drag on the belt. Hell... even a stock car benefits from just removing the alternator itself- As soon as the alternator is powered, there is a drag that the vehicle has to overcome for it to make power. Hence the reason why just starting a car to charge the battery doesn't work, you have to drive the car.

yea but not everybody buys their HU at walmart.

Neither do I, snob. But FTR, they sell the same damn head units at Wal*Mart that they do at Best Buy and Crotchfield. :roll:

What was your point with this post anyway?