I Hate People.

oldscsc

I saw this Saturn yesterday parked about two inches away from my car. They were nose to nose. I looked at it closer to make sure he wasn't touching my car, and didn't really examine the rest because I figure if he hit me it would be head on. Well today standing around after school I notice scratches and think about yesterday. I go look and there's a bunch of dirt there and scratches. I figure the dirt was from the pictures on Sunday. Hey--I can look at the pictures I took on Sunday, perfect. Talk to the cop and show him my car and this Saturn. They both have scratches in the same place. On the other side of his it looks like he scraped a concrete barrier. The cop rubs some dirt into my paint and tells me "the scratches I just rubbed in to the paint?" I had to show him the scratches myself :rolleyes: He says unless you saw his car touching yours I'll never be able to prove it. Look at these screenshots then my pictures from today.

Taken on Sunday

CutlassScrapes--Before-1.jpg

CutlassScrapes--Before.jpg

CutlassScrapes-Before-2.jpg

Taken Today

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture008-2.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

:confused:

How small was this Saturn to get under your bumper?

And those scratches look like they are just in the clear coat. Wash the car, get a good rubbing compound and they will be as good as gone.

Jamie

I feel you. That really sucks when people just don't care about other people's shit. I've had two hit and run accidents in the Camaro back in high school, and already a couple dings/chips in the door on the GTO :evil:

It looks like those scratches will buff out though.

I don't know how he got so far under...I think he grazed the side of mine. I'll try to get it buffed out soon because it really pisses me off when I see it...It's like this in a navy blue.

ACF5FD.JPG

Same thing happened to my wife with here twink neighbor across the street. He lied even though there was clear as day paint transfer on both cars. I don't forget easy. Give him an oiled windshield treatment, they'll be dealing with that for a long time.

You already know my saga and why I really hate people like that.

He's "normal" if ya know what I mean. Doesn't wear deoderant so there is some similarity...

Give him an oiled windshield treatment, they'll be dealing with that for a long time.

Enlighten me, please...PM if you like.

Forward the PM to me too. :mrgreen: Seriously.

Same thing happened to my wife with here twink neighbor across the street. He lied even though there was clear as day paint transfer on both cars. I don't forget easy. Give him an oiled windshield treatment, they'll be dealing with that for a long time.

Not fair to keep a good thing to yourself...............SHARE :twisted:

Tom

Wow :skep:

At least stick with the lesser damaging things like blue powerade in the washer bottle :lol: jeez....

Back to the OP, I'm in agreement here that I don't know how this Saturn could have scraped the bottom of your bumper, while leaving the protruding section of the bumper (with the ribs) completely intact and scratchless. That said though, clean it, compound it, and it should be 90% gone.

*PM me this oil trick plz

I've got pictures of it. I'm not 100% sure that it was him, but it's pretty convenient that the day someone parks two inches away from me I have a nice set of scratches that weren't there the day before. I figured he grazed me from the side. I have pictures, gotta head out right now. I'll post them when I get back.

If I could catch the 18-wheeler after he sideswiped me yes I would do something like that.

18 wheeler tore the front end off my IROC too...

And it sucks what happened to your ride man. Submit the pics to the insurance company and have a police report made out.

It's not THAT big of a deal. If he damaged body panels or something then yeah I'd say do it. But he kissed the bumper, which looks like wax/rubbing compound will take it all off. Insurance company will probably laugh and give you $7 to go buy some cleaner wax

The deductible would probably be more than having a body shop do the buffing. I'll do it myself sometime soon and be out some buffing compound. Not that big of deal anymore. I was really pissed when it happened just because I keep my car pristine as I can.