Retro-fitting a power antenna?

Piston.Hurricane

Guys,

If possible, I'd like to retro-fit a power antenna into my '99 Monte. Anyone else done it?

Can you guys recommend any donor cars? I'd like to be as close to plug-n-play as possible.

Thanks!

Hurricane

lol i have done it to every one of my cars.

one constant hot, one ground, and a switched fom the radio(usually green output on GM) Then you just find a car similair to yours, grab the antenna ad the rubber grommet (if different from yours) and wire it in. I can post pics if necessary

lol i have done it to every one of my cars.

one constant hot, one ground, and a switched fom the radio(usually green output on GM) Then you just find a car similair to yours, grab the antenna ad the rubber grommet (if different from yours) and wire it in. I can post pics if necessary

Yes, please post whatever pics you have. I know jack squat about automotive electrical systems. Thanks.

I know cars of at least our era do not have a wire on the radio harness for the power antenna (nor is there a singular harness for it), so you are probably going to have to wire that all the way up to the radio. Most GM antennas should be very similar, but you might be able to find an aftermarket one.