Problem with power locks

BN

On my 93 Cutlass convertible when the car is shifted into park after driving the power door locks do not unlock and have to be done manually. I have the set of factory service manuals but don't see this problem addressed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

My 93 Lumina did the same thing. The locks would lock automatically but had to be unlocked manually. I remember reading at the time that this was just the way it was set up (in 93 only). Someone on here posted how to bypass this IIRC.

Is that the only options for the way the locks work? I know later GM's you can change the way they lock.

IE-Instead of locking with the gear shifter, they'll lock when the car hits 15 mph.

My van has programmable locks... They can be programmed to:

lock in gear/not unlock in park...

lock in gear/unlock in park...

lock in gear/unlock when ignition is shut off...

not lock in gear - which is where I have it now.

My Cutlass does not.

I'd modify the Cutlass if I were keeping it.

On my 93 Cutlass convertible when the car is shifted into park after driving the power door locks do not unlock and have to be done manually. I have the set of factory service manuals but don't see this problem addressed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

this is ABSOLUTELY NORMAL for 1993 cars.

if you want to fix it, I would find the module used on 94 cars, and use that instead. 1994 CSs would be the easiest donor, as they are quick to grab the module from. Granted, i have not looked closely enough at the 93 to know if the module it the same, but with one wire missing... or what.

basically the function of lock and unlock is controlled by the chime module in 1994+, so if you adapted the part, you could make it function as you wish. If i had time I would answer that question by looking at the 93 out front. maybe later.