rear windows dont work

jake91

i have a cutlass convertible and the rear windows wont roll down whenever i hit the all down button up front you hear a clicking sound from the dash and nothing happens with any window but when you hit the rear switchs nothing happens not even the click but the front switches roll down the front windows just fine does anyone know what could be wrong with them

i figured it was the motors but i questioned it because when i hit the all down button not even the front windows roll down so i wondered if it was in the switch

i figured it was the motors but i questioned it because when i hit the all down button not even the front windows roll down so i wondered if it was in the switch

Well...Maybe it's the all down module...I see the top works though...

Well a new master switch would certainly be cheaper than two new motors.

Not sure about that...

However, it doesn't have to be from a convertible...The switch itself can come from a sedan. Just would have to change out the buttons and trim.

So your front windows work, just not the auto down?

Well, I'd see if your getting current through the master switch to the rear windows.

I read on another thread sometimes the motors can just lock up.

Whack in the area that the motor is in. That may onlock it, but you're probably only buying yourself time if that works.