z34mightymachine

I went to the scrap yard on Friday in Valcourt which is about 1 and half from my house and I found a Grand prix Se with the console which has the electric seats and the information center with it. I also took the 2 front seats and the 2 back seats. I got all of this for free. I took all the wiring that is for the seats and the information center. I need to know if I need to take the computer from the car an able to have the info center work in my car. The grand prix has a 2.8 engine. My Lumina is a 3.4. Would everything work with my computer from my Z34. I love this scrap yard because everything is free if you bring your own tools.

sorry i cant help but thats a hell of a deal :eek:

Thanks.

All I need to know is if I need to change my computer in order for the info center to work.

Someone please help

sorry i cant help but thats a hell of a deal :eek:

Thanks.

All I need to know is if I need to change my computer in order for the info center to work.

Someone please help

I dont think so, but it may depend on the year

How do they make any money?

that's what I was thinking

They only care about metal and old tires that they sell to a company that recycles. They also sell used cars and pick up trucks. In the back its all cars that are scrapped. I'm going back on tuesday to see if I can get more parts.

They only care about metal and old tires that they sell to a company that recycles. They also sell used cars and pick up trucks. In the back its all cars that are scrapped. I'm going back on tuesday to see if I can get more parts.

Damn, if thats the case I need a whole bunch of interior stuff, but every yard around here wants gold for seats and glove box doors and stuff.

Damn, if thats the case I need a whole bunch of interior stuff, but every yard around here wants gold for seats and glove box doors and stuff.

My local scrapyard guy quoted me $70 for ONLY a floor mounted shifter, or $50 if I take it out myself.

I wanted to punch his face in. :evil:

I'm going back next week to get all the wiring for the power seats and the wiring for the info center. Couldn't go today because we got some snow today. Even though where I Live in Montreal it was cold but no snow. This scrap yard is east of me and my wife and the kids stayed at her parents country house last night which is about 10 Mins from the scrap yard and they sent me a picture of the outside with the grass covered in snow.

Its that time of year again!!!

Gah, I hate snow. U need a heated garage to be able to work on ur car... :-(

The snow does not bother me that much. Maybe because I'm used to it. But when I fix my cars, they are in garages thats for sure.

You don't need the computer to run the DIC. Search there is some information on it.

I found 2 post about the DIC but it was for the years of 94 and up. Which if I'm not mistaken they were talking about the DIC on the drivers side. I don't believe this is the same connection as the center console DIC. Does anyone have any info on this or any posts about the DIC in the center console. I'm trying to hook this up in my 92 Lumina Z34.

There are posts about the 88-93 DIC. Many people have installed it, you need to tap into the ASDL wiring. That's all I know.

Ok thanks I will do more research

My local scrapyard guy quoted me $70 for ONLY a floor mounted shifter, or $50 if I take it out myself.

I wanted to punch his face in. :evil:

ripoff. it seems like these guys not only charge more for the same junk, but they're bigger dicks now too *sighh