98 lumina glove box

dodgethis

Does anyone know how to totally remove the glove box from the passenger side? I have a lower screw lost and it rattles when i drive, very annoying. I have attempted to remove the whole housing but cant seem to let it go.

any takers?

dodge

I believe that there is 3 or 4 screws just under the hinged section of the cover

yep. there's a few of screws on the bottom. after those are removed, disconnect the glove box light and it should come right out.

Thanks for the post guys, just got time to read them. I have been busy with school. I will try to get the glove box out tonight. The man issue is one of the screws that holds the bottom end of the box is gone. When the car is moving it makes this rattle noise that drives me insane. I was going to just pull it out and just check it out, and make sure both screws are put in and secure. I think the last time i checked there was a metal hinge that connects to the plastic glove box bottom. I will let you know what happends.

Dodge

Ok,

Here is what going on. I took out the glove box and found out whats happening. I noticed on the edge of the face plate from the glove box there is plastic nubs that hook into the little holes of the metal hinge. In my situation i guess so much stress from opening and closing has made it not connect to the plastic nubs therefore it is not secure. I could literally use one finger at the bottom and make the whole compartment wiggle when it was closed. I have posted a pic as what im talking about.

http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/glovepart.jpg

so as you can see the nubs are secure on the metal holes but it doesnt take much for it to let go of the metal holes. I decided to get some gorilla glue and just glue dat sum bitch over the plastic nubs and hope for the best. I have half ass'd my glove box until i can put back together shown below.

http://home.comcast.net/~dodge1063/car/temp.jpg :rolleyes: