Tires on stock wheels.

hoodilio

I just got a flat, but it was repaired, and the guys at the shop said i need new tires. Right now i have Goodyear Eagle GA 215/60/16's on my stock cutty rims. I like the tires but the tread life blows. What tires are you guys running, i am thinking of upgradeing to 225/60/16 Goodyear Eagle RS-A's.

Goodyear RS-As are all right but they're a little bit slippery when the road is wet. Depending on your driving style and the type of climate you drive in, I'd recommend Michelin X-Ones or even BF Goodrich Touring T/As.

I just got a flat, but it was repaired, and the guys at the shop said i need new tires. Right now i have Goodyear Eagle GA 215/60/16's on my stock cutty rims. I like the tires but the tread life blows. What tires are you guys running, i am thinking of upgradeing to 225/60/16 Goodyear Eagle RS-A's.

I had BF Radial T/A those are great for dry roads but other than that they suck. Anyone know of any good tires with the white lettering? Those T/A's are the only ones that i know of.

I had RS-A's on my Beretta GTZ (205/55/16). Performance-wise, they were just average (and a little pricey). I wouldn't buy them again. I got about 35,000 miles out of them. I too was not impressed with wet weather handling.

For my Grand Prix, I have purchased Yokohama AVS ES-100's (225/55/16). The price was good ($325 all 4 on eBay - no tax, no shipping - brand new, never mounted). I have yet to mount them, but from what I've read, they should be pretty good. I have to strip my rims before I mount them, and finding the time to do that hasn't happened yet.

Go to the TireRack website; read the reviews on the tires - it helps a lot.

I had BF Radial T/A those are great for dry roads but other than that they suck. Anyone know of any good tires with the white lettering? Those T/A's are the only ones that i know of.

I havn't had a problem had a problem with my T/A's in the rain execpt on time when I had to stop really fast and ended up going off the road. Dunlop and firestone both make white lettered tires though.

By chance does anyone know of a good handling all season or winter RWD tire, I have semi bald Goodyears Eagles on it right now and the only thing there good for is nice smokey burnouts. I'm trying to find somthing good but cheap to get me through the winter.

I havn't had a problem had a problem with my T/A's in the rain execpt on time when I had to stop really fast and ended up going off the road. Dunlop and firestone both make white lettered tires though.

By chance does anyone know of a good handling all season or winter RWD tire, I have semi bald Goodyears Eagles on it right now and the only thing there good for is nice smokey burnouts. I'm trying to find somthing good but cheap to get me through the winter.

they make FWD and RWD tires now, do they? :lol: j/k

if you want something cheap, go to walmart, and get some *thinks* crap... I can't remember what they were.... but they were walmart brand, and they workd pretty good for my truck.... and I had Motomaster Wintertrac's up front

they make FWD and RWD tires now, do they? :lol: j/k

if you want something cheap, go to walmart, and get some *thinks* crap... I can't remember what they were.... but they were walmart brand, and they workd pretty good for my truck.... and I had Motomaster Wintertrac's up front

:x Why you little........... :joke:

Tires my perform great on a FWD and bad very bad on a RWD car and visa-versa. Thats why I specified RWD.

:lol:

I've never noticed a difference, really, not even when we put the old Suburban tires on my brothers 91 Prix :lol:

it looked kinda cool, actually... too bad the suburban rims wouldn't fit :lol:

I've never noticed a difference, really, not even when we put the old Suburban tires on my brothers 91 Prix :lol:

Right know my rears have no traction at all it fishtails in the roads have even the slightest bit of rain on them. My sisters Prix on the other had with the same tires and about the same amount of tread left handles fine. I know most of thats due to the caprice being RWD but some of it has to do with the tread design.

Right know my rears have no traction at all it fishtails in the roads have even the slightest bit of rain on them. My sisters Prix on the other had with the same tires and about the same amount of tread left handles fine. I know most of thats due to the caprice being RWD but some of it has to do with the tread design.

I had tires that couldn't squawk if I tried to peel out, all I got was a "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" lol, then it snowed

interesting, though...

By chance does anyone know of a good handling all season or winter RWD tire

I like Sears Winterhandler tires. I've run them on 4 different vehicles (all FWD, sorry). I've even used them through the summer when I didn't have money to replace the worn summer tires. They worked good then too (a little more noise than a high performance tire). I've found that a "winter" tire is better than a "all season" tire in the snow. On FWD, I run all 4 instead of just 2 on the front like other people around here do. It does make a difference -- I can't get the rear to slide unless I really try. On my Beretta GTZ that I mentioned earlier in this post, the Winterhandlers actually handled almost as good as the RS-A's and they were 185/75/14! (and I don't drive like a granny) The biggest difference was the tall sidewall rolling during cornering. Tirerack had a Wintermaster Plus tire that looked identical to the Sears tire that came in a few more larger sizes (both are probably made by the same company), but I don't think that they carry them anymore.

On my first car (Celebrity w/ sport suspension) I always ran BFG Radial T/A's. I liked how they handled & looked.

Guest TurboSedan

i have been planning on buying 225/55-16" tires - either Yokohama Avid T4's ($89/each @ tirerack.com), Dunlop SP Sport A2's ($99), or BFGoodrich g-Force KDWS ($93). all of them are under $100, high performance all season tires, and have good reviews on tirerack.com oh yeah and i like the tread desing on all of them - sort of a big deal with me i guess....

definately read the reviews and survey results on the tires @ http://www.tirerack.com

joshua