Headliner - PLEASE HELP!!!

92turboLE

Anyone know where to get new headliners for a 92 grand prix??? Mine is an ex cop car and the headliner is all torn up from when they had the cage in it and im redoing the entire interior in black so i would like a black one instead of the torn charcoal one that is in it right now.

thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.

- Justin

J.C. carries nothing for this damn car... I may just be able to re-apolster mine as is, but i dont know, we'll see...

thanks anyway

if you find anything, please let me know though

- Justin

eh, fabric shop OR if your fabric shops suck, walmart or pep boys. Charcoal is hard to find in places other than fabric stores

Its a good thing that charcoal is hard to find when im using black. :lol:

lol

anyway, that may be my only option is to do it myself, although i already did both front doors and working on the rears, i'll pos pics when i get a chance.

- Justin

heres what you do. Kepp the liner, but scrape off all of the foam and liner. then go to a walmart, or a fabric store, get a sheet of black felt and some thin foam or insulation foam. Be sure to iron the felt perfectly flat, preferably on a large flat surface (kitchen table, floor, etc.) ((also, make sure the iron is on a cool setting, otherwise it will scorch or melt :( )) Then glue the foam and felt together using a spray adhesive. 3M makes great glues like this. Let that set up over night, and then spray the remaining liner and glue the foam/felt to it, trim to edges, and put back in place. If you're neat about it, it totally looks like a pro job.

ok, went to the local Hobby Lobby and got some black felt, cost: $8.00

Pep Boys for 3M glue, cost :$4.00 and some change

ended up just gluiong overtop of the old liner as to not have to go and buy foam padding. turned out damn good, although i didnt take into consideration that the headliner does not fit through the doors, so after removing both front seats, then crushing it in half to get it out, then duct taping it back to cover it, then crushing it again to get it back in, then duct taping it some more, it turned out AWESOME.

even did the sun visors - which were a pain to figure out, but soon realized that it was a plastic peice folded in half.

will have pics hopefully tomarrow of the doors and headliner and visors. All came out awesome.

- Justin

I'm having mine done professionally next Thursday. It will be 300 for new black carpet and black headliner. What did you do to your doorpanels? I had mine done in black leather and painted black (all 6 panels). I also disassembled my dash and painted it w/ black vinyl paint. I'm working on finding some trashed rear buckets from a TGP or Cutty and having them done in black. I haven't decided what to do w/ the front seats. I am thinking of getting something styled like the Sparco seats, but a generic brand for cost's sake. Post pics when ya can, I'll do the same if I can ever get ahold of a digi-cam.

I'm having mine done professionally next Thursday. It will be 300 for new black carpet and black headliner. What did you do to your doorpanels? I had mine done in black leather and painted black (all 6 panels). I also disassembled my dash and painted it w/ black vinyl paint. I'm working on finding some trashed rear buckets from a TGP or Cutty and having them done in black. I haven't decided what to do w/ the front seats. I am thinking of getting something styled like the Sparco seats, but a generic brand for cost's sake. Post pics when ya can, I'll do the same if I can ever get ahold of a digi-cam.

ok, what i have done so far:

I have the headliner and the sun visors done - looks professional.

Currently: doors are all black with all the fabric on the doors replaced with black short carpet - looks sharp

floor carpet is on the way from 1aauto.com or something along those lines - black of course.

all plastic mouldings inside are painted black

dash is mostly black - still have a few small parts to go.

have the front and rear black leather seats on the way.

center consome is done in carpet (the lower half) and the upper half is the OEM grey.

PLANS:

the black fabric on all the doors withh be replaced with white leather/vynel(sp?)

the old fabric seats that are currently in the car will be redone in black vynel wit a whilte 10 inch vynel stripe coming down the middle (all 4 seats)

the dash will remain white, ecxept the vents and the surrounding for the vents that will be white.

The seats will be embroidered with "Grand Prix" and the pontiac logo.

I know it sounds like it could be tacky ot ricer like, but it wont, i have been photoshopping it and it looks clean, im not doing it cheese dick style.

- Justin

Who cares if its a "ricey" interior, thats the look I am goin for. Sure the guys who drive the cars are dipshits, but that doesn't mean they don't know how to look good.

I meant the TASTEFULL imports. Not the 16yr old fixen up his 1989 CRX rice, I mean, 1995 RX7 tuner interior. No weird floormatts, Type-R, etc etc. Just clean, tuner-style interior stuff.