Should I buy this lumina for parts?

Dark Ride

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/862996997.html

I emailed him and he said the car has 212K miles on it, but the transmission is excellent. I am looking to make a parts car out of it, I need the transmission, wiring harness, PCM, subframe, mounts and strut knuckles for the TGP, as I'm going to swap to OBD II and do the front brake upgrade, and I know the tranny mounts are different. Then I plan on putting together a powertrain to make it a baja race car.

What do you guys think, should I trust a tranny with 212K, did this car have the 4T65-e? Would this car be good to use as a donor for an OBD II swap? Is this car worth it? :dunno: Its only 100 miles from me so picking it up won't be too bad. Tell me what you guys think.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pts/862996997.html

I emailed him and he said the car has 212K miles on it, but the transmission is excellent.  I am looking to make a parts car out of it, I need the transmission, wiring harness, PCM, subframe, mounts and strut knuckles for the TGP, as I'm going to swap to OBD II and do the front brake upgrade, and I know the tranny mounts are different.  Then I plan on putting together a powertrain to make it a baja race car. 

What do you guys think, should I trust a tranny with 212K, did this car have the 4T65-e?  Would this car be good to use as a donor for an OBD II swap?  Is this car worth it?   :dunno:  Its only 100 miles from me so picking it up won't be too bad.  Tell me what you guys think.

I'm no expert, but 212K on a trans you plan to use as part of a baja race car powertrain?? Don't think you'll even get out of the gate. Unless, of cource, you plan to go thru the trans???

Just my opinion, Tom

Unless you plan on fixing it and using it as a winter beater, I wouldn't use 212k parts on the TGP. They are probably more worn out than the ones already on the car. Just my opinion.

Unless you plan on fixing it and using it as a winter beater, I wouldn't use 212k parts on the TGP. They are probably more worn out than the ones already on the car. Just my opinion.

thats kinda what I was thinking, I think I'm going to pass on this car.

And doesn't the TGP need the 4T60 HD trans too?

Yes, Normally, but I eventually want to swap to OBD II. I been doing a lot of research, and in order to swap to OBD II I can't even use the 3.1 MPFI bottom end (which I just learned today). I wanna do something Radical with the TGP, I always have. I've started kicking around the Idea of Maybe dropping in a 3800 and then Turbocharging it. (with a MUCH bigger turbo obviously) Nothing is set in stone anymore, at this point I'm just going to make it run and move under its own power. Then I'll start saving up for one hell of build. I dunno, but I've made my decision on this car and that is to skip it.

Yes, Normally, but I eventually want to swap to OBD II. I been doing a lot of research, and in order to swap to OBD II I can't even use the 3.1 MPFI bottom end (which I just learned today). I wanna do something Radical with the TGP, I always have. I've started kicking around the Idea of Maybe dropping in a 3800 and then Turbocharging it. (with a MUCH bigger turbo obviously) Nothing is set in stone anymore, at this point I'm just going to make it run and move under its own power. Then I'll start saving up for one hell of build. I dunno, but I've made my decision on this car and that is to skip it.

What about a boosted 403 Olds? :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

What about a boosted 403 Olds? :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

I think getting it to fit would be an issue

NO! If you do that, I will personally drive back to Minnesota to slap you.

:lol:

Seriously though, keep it turbo 3.1.

but it would get you back to MN :lol:, I dunno what I'm going to do yet, I don't have the money to do anything radical...yet.

You gotta admit though, it would make serious power :twisted: