dual exhaust surgestions

hazmatic

ok tommoro me and my papa r gonna order the parst we need for the dual exhaust but i got some questions

what is the stock dia of the piping?

how big of a dia should i go 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3?

should i run a traditionl dual exhaust or have the exhaust run to the side of my car or have both pipes run str8 to down the middle(seen a sick integra like this today)but keep in mind i wanna use perfomrance mufflers that has dual tips(4 tips all together)?

what is the best material i should use(stainless steel, ect.....)?

They say that they have to run it up over the "rear axle" like a single pipe, and they can't go under or else it would be uninspectable. I'm still searching though, I just spent this weeks paycheck on a system so next paycheck is either exhaust or UD pulley.

Don't go any larger than 2.50 inches after the catalytic converters, otherwise you won't have enough backpressure and your valves will "float".

Just remember that your exhaust has to wrap around the transverse mono-leaf spring.

The best material to use is either T-304 stainless steel, although you can go with a 321 stainless steel. 321 is far more expensive but much better than T-304 when hear is concerned. Mild steel works well but nowhere near as good as stainless steel.

ok tommoro me and my papa r gonna order the parst we need for the dual exhaust but i got some questions

what is the stock dia of the piping?

how big of a dia should i go 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3?

should i run a traditionl dual exhaust or have the exhaust run to the side of my car or have both pipes run str8 to down the middle(seen a sick integra like this today)but keep in mind i wanna use perfomrance mufflers that has dual tips(4 tips all together)?

what is the best material i should use(stainless steel, ect.....)?

Okay, you can all come to KY to the shop where I got mine done, routed under the rear suspension, no cat, tips, everything for $260.

Yes, Stainless is just for durability

Robby

i plan on doin the exhauts my self with the help of my papa i thinks its gonna look mint when done but u guys havent helped me on the m,ainm question i wanted to kno were should i route it at the end?

They say that they have to run it up over the "rear axle" like a single pipe, and they can't go under or else it would be uninspectable.

Tell them to look under a 91-96 W-body with OEM dual exh and copy that design

It lasts longer. Much longer. Even mild steel that has been treated with an anti-corrosion coating will never last as long as T-304 or 231 stainless steel. As far as flow is concerned, that depends on the design and not the material.

Does stainless steel add better flow or what? I thought it was just for keeping the longer life of the pipes.

Dude, relax. Don't go all gung-ho on this until you're absolutely sure what you're doing.

First off, you have to decide whether you're going to have a "true" dual exhaust or the pseudo-dual exhaust that's found on the Z34 Luminas and shit.

Obviously the pseudo-dual exhaust set up is much easier, you route your exhaust the same way the Z34 Lumina is done. A single pipe leading to a muffler and prior to the muffler it splits using a Y-pipe design. Not too difficult to do if you have the proper equipment.

If you want to do a "true" dual exhaust set up, then you're going to need to sit down and think about it a bit more. Since we have the transverse mono-leaf spring then you're probably going to have to either go up and over it or down and below it. If you go up and over it'll be difficult keeping it a "true" dual set up, while if you go down and below there's a good chance you'll damage your exhaust when you go over speed-bumps. You decide where you go from there. I know someone has done a "true" dual set up where they went under the transverse mono-leaf spring. Unfortunately they're no longer able to jack up the rear end using the jackpad on the centre of the vehicle. Now they have to use a lift in a shop to get the car up.

i plan on doin the exhauts my self with the help of my papa i thinks its gonna look mint when done but u guys havent helped me on the m,ainm question i wanted to kno were should i route it at the end?