I gots me a issue

ZacksZ34

Heres the DL!!!! i came home from a buddies house tonight and when i got home i locked my doors which is what i always do!!!! but this time I locked my keys in the car and now i can't get in it! any ideas how to break into my car??????

You only have one set of keys for it? That's a tough one...

i got two sets but only one has a door lock key!!!!! and thats the set thats in the car

Call a tow truck/locksmith? You could try jimmying around a coat hanger (if that would even work), but other than that, I don't know what to tell ya...

If you're by an auto parts store, they sell a tool that will enable you to unlock your doors. If you have tint, it may scratch the tint though.

i unlocked cars for a living in college, get a door wedge and push it in the top of the door so it prys the door open a little and use a coat hanger to flip the door lock or grab the handle. Should take about 10 minutes tops

AAA!

I can't tell you how many times I locked keys in my Ciera(WHILE RUNNING!)... because it automatically locks.

I had three or four sets, but when I used a spare set, it stayed IN the car!! No good there! :lol:

AAA will get you taken care of super quick.

I'm glad my supreme doesn't have that.

I trusted that Ciera to NEVER overheat... I could leave it running overnight and not have a problem if I wanted to.

The Supreme won't even let me get to the back of the car without fucking up!

This topic has been posted before. Search it up. There's away, but people dont like telling how to break into cars. But from what I remember you can get a piece of wood thats shaped like a wedge. Open the door as far as it will go and hit the wedge in from the top of the door. Get a skinny, yet strong piece of pipe, stick, whatever and push your unlock button on your door. It would be even easier if your windows were slightly down too.

1G W 2 doors are very easy to get into with a wedge and coat hanger. I locked the keys in my 94 a few times. It's very easy on the pre-95 cutlass, since they have an almost horizontal lock switch.

i unlocked cars for a living in college, get a door wedge and push it in the top of the door so it prys the door open a little and use a coat hanger to flip the door lock or grab the handle. Should take about 10 minutes tops

exactly what the tow truck guy did for me. I locked my keys in the Lumina at some rest stop in Indiana on my way home from the east side Michigan meet back in 05. Waited 50 minutes for him, spent 3 minutes getting the door unlocked...and then $45 later I was on my way.

The AAA people have this do-dad that goes into the bottom of the window, and has a end that goes up inside the car rather than the whole top of the door thing.... but the top of the door thing would have been pretty hard with a sedan with the recessed doors tho.

Ditto about the wedges, and theres also this inflatable air pouch that slips into your door jamb, and you pump it up to the effect of a wedge, except since its soft and conforms to your jamb, theres no chance of scratching anything. I've seen them in parts stores and on tool trucks.

The AAA people have this do-dad that goes into the bottom of the window, and has a end that goes up inside the car rather than the whole top of the door thing.... but the top of the door thing would have been pretty hard with a sedan with the recessed doors tho.

The guy that did mine said that for some reason that doesn't work with Luminas

I locked my keys in my Park Ave last week. Luckily i put a remote start/keyless on it a couple weeks ago and i had the extra remote in the house. Otherwise i would have been screwed as i only have one set of keys.

Aren't those lumina locks tuff to get with a coat hanger? I don't remember what they look like or how they're situated in there. I locked my keys in my old Z34 and I just ended up prying off the exterior door handle and popping the lock that way. Probably was a more logical way to do it, but the handle had been on it's way out so it needed to be replaced anyway.

My grandma always uses those magnetic "hide-a-key" boxes cause she has a habit of locking her keys in the car. When I was under my cavalier Z24 last year doing exhaust work, I found one stuck underneath that was just caked with dirt and crap and looked as if it had been there for many years, now I have a spare key for locks I switched out awhile ago. :lol: My 96 CS had keyless, and after locking the keys in it while helping somone jump their car in the -25 degree weather, and giving a wrecker company $60 cause it was too cold to mess around with a coathanger, I always left the RKE fob in my pocket seperate from the keys. I plan on doing the same with the Park Avenue once I get a remote.

After i lost the keys for my crown vic at the mall i started carrying a spare door key in my wallet.

x2 on carrying one in my wallet. Its bailed me out a few times.