aftermarket radio with stock speakers

GPdriver1986

I want to buy a radio for my GP but I don't have alot of money to spend on new speakers. I need to know what aftermarket radio sounds good with stock GM speakers.

i have the jvc elkameleon kd-lx111 i had my stock speakers in for like a week and they sounded fine with my head unit, i still have my front speakers in actually (cant figure out how to get them out),

here is a link to it if you think you might like it

http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL026840&page=1

and hey...it even comes with a remote

You may be better keeping the stock unit and upgrading your speakers. I would research both options. I remember reading a post where the speakers where changed and the stock deck sounded alot better.

jpv123 you might be right but I don't really like that my radio has no cd player. I need a radio that looks nicer than a Delco radio. I like the newer Delco radios though.

your in a 91, personally my radio sucked ass, i spend $$$ replacing speakers like mad, till i finally put in a new deck, (i hate non-factory looks) but did it anyways, it sounds so much better.

STEP 1 : GET A DECK

STEP 2 to 9999: Get Speakers and amps and subs.

PCE

either approach works (deck with stock speakers or speakers with stock deck) to improve sound. if you do replace speakers you need to make sure they aren't overkill. buy a pretty basic speaker, no high-end coaxials and no components. Your factory deck doesn't have the power to push them decently and that will blow them. Midrange Pioneer speakers would be a good bet, so would entry level from Alpine, infinity, or JL audio.

If you upgrade the deck, you can do pretty much whatever you can afford, it won't hurt anything and you can add better speakers later without worrying much. I'd look at alpine, clarion, pioneer, panasonic, eclipse and maybe some uplevel kenwood.

good luck

You may be better keeping the stock unit and upgrading your speakers. I would research both options. I remember reading a post where the speakers where changed and the stock deck sounded alot better.

The deck makes the biggest differance in sound, I was fine using my Kenwwod deck with my stock speakers for a couple months after that I got some 3way Kenwwood 6x9's. My fronts are still stock and I dont plan on changing them, I just have the deck faded to the rears about halfway I think it sounds pretty good.

Last week I installed some 6x9 sony 3-way X-plod's in my sisters Prix with a stock deck and they dont sound near as good as they would if her deck was aftermarket.

The deck will offer better sound right off the bat with your stock speakers. I choose a Pioneer DEHP3500, its all i need to control all the sound to all the speakers and my subs.