Programming door locks on 93 Lumina Z34

kevinz

I have a 93 Lumina Z34, and whenever I put the car in gear the doors lock. That doesn't bother me, however they don't unlock when I put it back in Park. I looked in the owner's manual to see how I can program them to do that, and I didn't find anything. Has anyone else had this happen and found how to fix it? Thanks!

you cannot program them. thats all the more they will ever do... stupid I know.

however if you pull down the pass side hush panel you will see the chime box, it has a wiring harness coming out of it, disconnect that. no more auto locks.

They unlock when the key is turned off...dumb for dropping people off, not really a good design. Plus when people don't open the handle hard enough, they lock back real quick. I'm surprised my door handle isn't broken from people yanking on it because they didn't know it locked back :rolleyes:

My car's auto locks are programmed to lock at 9 MPH...I was working on making it so that they would unlock in park, but I abandoned that plan since I'll be selling the car. But my next truck will get it!

My car's auto locks are programmed to lock at 9 MPH...I was working on making it so that they would unlock in park, but I abandoned that plan since I'll be selling the car. But my next truck will get it!

I don't mind how they lock in gear, just that they don't unlock when the car is in Park. How'd you rig the 9MPH deal?

There's an orange/black wire coming off the chime module, clip it and presto! They lock at 9 mph instead of when the car is put in gear.

There's an orange/black wire coming off the chime module, clip it and presto! They lock at 9 mph instead of when the car is put in gear.

Chime module is where? Show me what the "pass. side hush panel" is.

Behind the hush panel which is the black panel under the dash. 2 7mm screws and I think a 7mm nut (sometimes, I have only run across one car that had it and 3 ORIGINAL CARS that haven't.

The chime module is the white box with 4 or 5 wires coming off it.

Behind the hush panel which is the black panel under the dash. 2 7mm screws and I think a 7mm nut (sometimes, I have only run across one car that had it and 3 ORIGINAL CARS that haven't.

The chime module is the white box with 4 or 5 wires coming off it.

Good to know, thanks

all good knowledge, mine don't even unlock when the car is in park. if i could get that to happen, life would be good. that's how it works in my 07 colorado, and it doesn't bother me. heck i don't need to open the doors when i'm moving, only when i'm stopped!

They unlock when the key is turned off...dumb for dropping people off, not really a good design. Plus when people don't open the handle hard enough, they lock back real quick. I'm surprised my door handle isn't broken from people yanking on it because they didn't know it locked back :rolleyes:

in your car they will. but his will not.

yeah its a poopy design. it would be nice if there was some way to wire it in so it would work. maybe there is, but i dunno how you could do it. i'm not very inclined in the ways of electrical things lol

I can't believe they lock you in without unlocking them...common courtesy, jeez laugh

There idea must have been "Once you get in, you wont want to get out, so no need to unlock it"

Use "Add Auto Lock without an Alarm or Keyless Entry System".

On the Auto Lock, the left relay has a (-) door trigger input. You can connect that to the park wire (not sure if it is + or -, so you may need a relay to reverse polarity here). Then in the middle relay, use the (-) output to lock circuit and connect it to the unlock wire(again, can't remember the polarity of the wire here, so you may need another relay to reverse it).

I'm pretty positive it will work, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#al