whats the best car to take an autodimming mirror with compass/outside temp from?

Dark Ride

I want to put an autodimming mirror with a compass and/or the outside temp in the TGP. I'd prefer it not have map lights since the TGP already has them on the top console, but if i have to have them it not a big deal. I'm going to a Junkyard soon and want to get one. Rather than going for car to car to get one, I figured I'd ask here, a w-body one would probably mount easiest (they are just glued on aren't they?)

Just about any really. I pulled one from a 98 Olds LSS, you can get them from Intrigues as well...

x2 and any of them will mount to you exsisting tab on the windshield. I would snap the whole assmbly off anyways.

Personally I like the 00-07 Fullsize SUV's. Temp, auto-dim and compass all in one. The problem is finding one for cheap and finding one without onstar on it. They are really cool though, under like 38* it flashes ice at startup.

Personally I like the 00-07 Fullsize SUV's. Temp, auto-dim and compass all in one. The problem is finding one for cheap and finding one without onstar on it. They are really cool though, under like 38* it flashes ice at startup.

Our '99 Burb had that. They do flash ice once it gets cold enough. Once every ~15 seconds IIRC. I would like one of those, although I would prefer one that doesn't have outside temp as I already have that.

Fail, I didn't take a picture of the mirror. This is the only one you can see it in.

99Suburban-CargoArea.jpg

I always wanted an outside temp mirror. The compass part is pointless, since we have the massive compass screen in the cars already.

Let us know what you find. I'm interested myself. I know there are some really cool aftermarket mirrors on eBay that just about give weather reports, but they are just too expensive.