Project fix stuff Update: Horn question?!? pg2

Addicted to eaton

I have decided to park the grand Prix and drive the monte carlo. So this will give me the time to work on the grand Prix what I would like to start with is. Motor mounts. Transmission Mounts, how would I know if they are blown? The next thing I would like to do is put a power steering rack and pinion in it. Then I will probably have it realigned. Put new tires on it, get the tail light fixed, then get a new sun roof. Then I would like to get a new bumper, Hood, fender, and have that side repainted I would also like to get the front bumper and rear bumper inlays painted the silver that it is supposed to be. They’re in any ways. And have the reflected Pontiac’s stickers put on it in the back. Then I will have the cross laces powder coded. And polished up. Then I would like to start on the suspension don’t really know what I am going to do with it. But it makes a popping/ rattling noise when I go over bumps. Anybody have any idea what that is? Any ways that is about it

How do I know if the motor/transmission mounts are blown?

Can someone help me with what I’m going to need for the suspension?

Parked the grand prix yesterday! Friday i plan on. Getting the tail light and sun roof, And putting the tail light and sun roof in saterday Also going to pull the wheels off one by one. Sand blasting them, Painting them and polishing them up so the paint will stay!

Parked the grand prix yesterday! Friday i plan on. Getting the tail light and sun roof, And putting the tail light and sun roof in saterday Also going to pull the wheels off one by one. Sand blasting them, Painting them and polishing them up so the paint will stay!

Anthony,

There's a place here locally who uses some type of adhering paint (like magnetically or some junk) and does it really cheap.

The only drawback might be that you might not be able to mask the lip and I'm assuming that would be a huge appearance issue, might be something to look into in terms of getting it done professionally and relatively cheap. Best of luck with the polishing.

Ok so a little update went to the junk yard today and got

New head light- Free

New keyfob with out worn of buttens- 5$

New Passangers side window switch/lock switch- 15$

New Fog light switch- 5$

New plastic trim pice for my door- free

Set up plans to buy a Power steering rack-120$ Thanks ROB!!

Set up plans for a new tail light-20$ Thanks 95VERT! James? If i remeber right?

Pictures in a min

Ok so a little update went to the junk yard today and got

New head light- Free

New keyfob with out worn of buttens- 5$

New Passangers side window switch/lock switch- 15$

New Fog light switch- 5$

New plastic trim pice for my door- free

They gave you the headlight for free, but charged you for the keyfob? They charge an assload out here for headlights.

However, all of said stuff could've been had for "free." If you had pockets

it looks 100x better with out the lazy eye a.k.a Foggie light

Sun roof switch B4

sunroof1.jpg

After

sunroof2.jpg

Headlight befor

headl1.jpg

After

headl2.jpg

foglight befor

fog1.jpg

After

fog2.jpg

ok my horn works when it wants. Its weird it will honk the high horn or the low horn or sometimes both horns. I can be sitting in a parking lot not moveing at all and go to honk it and it will not honk. 2 mintues later it will honk the low horn. try it again nothing little bit later it will honk again. No rhyme or reason at all. Im thinking ground?

If I remember right, the ground is the horn mount. I've seen this before and it usually ends up being the horn itself. Try having someone push the horn button while you "tap" on the horns. Also, most horns have a little adjustment screw on the body of it and you can turn that to change the pitch of the horn(or make it work if it is inop)

Those were quite possibly the worst pictures I have ever seen. They rank right up there with Rob's old crappy cell phone pictures!

someone needs to know how to adjust the ISO speed......wwwaaayyyy too high right now.