My car wants to hurt me :(

Captain Ficho

Past two days, it has done this three times. My car will randomly start blowing hot air at about mid-fan level out of the vents and the ECC unit will go completely blank(normally displays outside temp and says 'off'). Even if I press the off button, try to turn down the temp or even change which vents it blows through I get nothing. In other words, my climate control goes completely dead and it blows hot air, to which I have no self defence, I just have to take it.

Generally when I turn my car off, then turn it back on, everything goes back to normal. What's wrong, is my ECC done for or is some wiring funky or what?

Thanks for your help guys.

In other words, my climate control goes completely dead and it blows hot air, to which I have no self defence, I just have to take it.

LOL When I read this, all I could picture was you driving down the road with a dejected blank stare on your face as you are getting blasted with hot air. :lol: :lol:

But seriously it does sound like a bad HVAC unit.