ATTN: VEGETA

GrandPrix34

The engine was developed by ASC/ McLaren for use exclusively on this car. While the block and bottom end were the same as the normally aspirated versions, they were "hardened selected castings" with more rigid quality-control standards than normal. The turbocharger was the Garrett T25 model. The water-cooled turbo blew into an air-to-air intercooler on its way to the multi-point fuel-injection system.

The modifications were good for a very respectable 205 hp at 5200 rpm, with 225 lbs.-ft. of torque at 2400. Maximum torque was actually governed by the computer to avoid overloading the beefed-up automatic transaxle. ABS was standardâ€â€a GP first.

SO the 3.1 N/A and the TURBO 3.1 are the same except for the "hardened selected castings" wit GOVERNED TORQUE to avoid overloading a beefed up tranny....

guess that should put some discussions to rest....

by the way if ALL Of you guys knew this already, forgive me cuz i feel as thoguh i have found a gold mine....i mean i feel that way...shoot me if you dont think so for me at least........i need some fucking sleep!!!!!!!