rear view mirror

cutlassdude96

My rear view mysteriously fell off over night. I got the button reglued back on the windshield but I need to know how to reattach the mirror back on to it. does it just slided on to it?

get a pencil, and use it to graphite lube the mirror and the bracket. it will slip right on.

Does that only work on mirrors?

was that a funny? No, KY Jelly is better for the task you may be implying! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They make graphite lube for locks and stuff too. It is available in a squeeze tube, but a pencil is not messy and works great in this application.

:thumb:

I am considering a revision on HOW to power the mirror.

Currently, I power it off the radio power source at the fuse box, but I would prefer it not to be on in accessory mode... meaning i should find an alt power source.

I could power it off the fuel pump wire, or th3e power windows, or whatever accessory in the fuse box is powered only in run.

BUT!!! I might also consider altering the PWs to to be on with the car in run and accessory mode.

hmmmmm.... where should i hook it up?

Slides on then-sometimes it can be a bitch to get it seated. This may sound like a stupid question but did you reglue it with the lip facing away from the glass? I've made that mistake before :lol:

Don't feel bad i did to. I'm a friggin moron.Oh well ever one have's a blonde moment.

On the style without the set screw, I always move the mirror into the lowest position, take a screwdriver on top of the base of the mirror and give the screwdriver a couple taps, usualy hitting the top of the driver with your hand is enough. This locks it in place about as good as a set screw and it won't rattle loose if you have subs like I do. Don't hit it too hard or you'll be re-glueing the button.

:thumb:

I am considering a revision on HOW to power the mirror.

Currently, I power it off the radio power source at the fuse box, but I would prefer it not to be on in accessory mode... meaning i should find an alt power source.

I could power it off the fuel pump wire, or th3e power windows, or whatever accessory in the fuse box is powered only in run.

hmmmmm.... where should i hook it up?

I believe there is switched power in the DIC (at least in GPs) and it is on in RUN, not ACC. Shouldn't guages have this as well?