Mirror question

Captain Ficho

A little history, the previous owner of my car... apparently sucked at backing out of garages. My driver side mirror is really bent and scratched up, so I was thinking...

I always liked the mirrors on first gen GP sedans more than the ones that came on the Cutty and I was wondering, if I grabbed a pair at the junkyard, would they fit my car?

i believe they are different. I tried one from a GP and the trim doesnt match that goes around the door, and one of the studs may not line up perfect. I could be wrong but i recall having a problem. It is well worth a try :mrgreen:

i believe they are different. I tried one from a GP and the trim doesnt match that goes around the door, and one of the studs may not line up perfect. I could be wrong but i recall having a problem. It is well worth a try :mrgreen:

I just bought a pair today, all the studs line up perfect, it's just the lip along the top is a bit too small but I can fix that with half an hour of creative fabricating.

DSC00917800x600.jpg

Now should I leave them red (came from a matching color GP) or paint them black like the ones I have now?

Opinions anyone?

I just bought a pair today, all the studs line up perfect, it's just the lip along the top is a bit too small but I can fix that with half an hour of creative fabricating.

DSC00917800x600.jpg

Now should I leave them red (came from a matching color GP) or paint them black like the ones I have now?

Opinions anyone?

After checking your pics on the "Fix Shit"" thread, I think they'd look good as is - red with the black mounting plate. Altho most people wouldn't notice, it would make yours a little different than the rest. I like those little subtle kind of changes to make my car just a little different.

Tom

After checking your pics on the "Fix Shit"" thread, I think they'd look good as is - red with the black mounting plate. Altho most people wouldn't notice, it would make yours a little different than the rest. I like those little subtle kind of changes to make my car just a little different.

Tom

I like doing that kind of stuff with my car too, even if most don't notice. I have quite a few subtle differences that most wouldn't notice, like instead of the 92 Cutlass trunk lid with black accents and silhouette logo, I have a trunk lid from a 97 Cutlass with body color accent and embedded logo. I don't mind taking parts from other cars which look better and making them fit on mine.

They "should" but it wouldn't hurt to pick up one mirror from a JY and try it out and let the rest of us know... Then you can get the other one and put it on.

LOL what I usually do in that situation is take the part in question of one car and find my replica in the yard to swap over and see if it fits. Ken and I were gonna do that with a rear subframe from the 01 Impala to see if it would fit under my Cutlass.

Tom

I like doing that kind of stuff with my car too, even if most don't notice. I have quite a few subtle differences that most wouldn't notice, like instead of the 92 Cutlass trunk lid with black accents and silhouette logo, I have a trunk lid from a 97 Cutlass with body color accent and embedded logo. I don't mind taking parts from other cars which look better and making them fit on mine.

That's what I do too as well as add factory options my cars never came with or did come with but didn't have.