Looking at a 95 Grand Prix SE today

xtremerevolution

3100 or LQ1?

All Grand Prix's 1994-1996 (coupe or sedan) that have the SE designation are 3100 engines. The GT (sedan-only) and GTP (coupe-only) only had the LQ1.

I'm not sure why there is this constant debate, I don't know how to work on cars, but have a decent library of knowledge in my head on the W's. Here's the problem, we're buying a car here for someone's sister's girlfriend. If she's looking for help with buying a cheap-assed car, me thinks that she can't change a timing belt to save her life and that's not an insult, I can't either.

You know who else don't know how to work on LQ1's most of the time mechanics, that's provided you find who will actually take one in to start with, it's like giving the vet a dog with rabies and asking them to help with the flee problem.

I bought a set of X-laces off of Kijiji, and when I arrived at the home to pick them up the husband refused to take my money and directed me to his wife, apparently she was providing lots of lifts to the shop to pick up and drop off his car, alternator after alternator, until they finally gave up on the thing. He kept on wanting to fix the thing so that he could unleash the fury within, but instead the only fury he unleashed with feminine furry.

My car corners' pretty good. 245's do the trick, even underinflated 225's make it turn with some precision.

All Grand Prix's 1994-1996 (coupe or sedan) that have the SE designation are 3100 engines.

oooo000000ooooo I didnt realized they changed it like that... Both mine are pre 94 so that would explain the difference. Thanks for the info.

All Grand Prix's 1994-1996 (coupe or sedan) that have the SE designation are 3100 engines.

oooo000000ooooo I didnt realized they changed it like that... Both mine are pre 94 so that would explain the difference. Thanks for the info.

They took away just about every designation in '94, I think that it made more sense that way. SE was everything but the LQ1 cars. When you look back to the early years with the SE and GT having the LQ1 and 3.1 V6 as possibilities along with no standardization between BYP and B4U, I think that it was a mess!