Fuse wire terminal

Quaraxkad

I'm replacing some wiring in my 92 Cutlass. The injector fuse is blowing and I've found a LOT of bare/exposed wire on the injector harness so it's probably shorting out somewhere. One of the wires I need to replace is the one connected to the fuse box under the hood. The wire had almost NO insulation left on it, all the way up to the terminal that the fuse plugs into.

img6140of7.jpg

Obviously there's no way I can splice a new wire into that since it's stripped all the way up the terminal. Where can I get some of these terminals that I can crimp a new wire into?

WOW! that wire looks like it got shorted and melted all the insulation off.

That pink/black wire has melted insulation every few inches, it's almost certainly the reason my INJ fuse is blowing. But now I need to find out if it's the cause of the problem or a symptom of something else... I checked the resistance of all the injectors and they were all perfect, what else could it be?

unsure.

start with replacing all the damaged wires... and check ALL FUSES in your car to make sure they are the proper amperage. You probably don't even realize the number of cars that I've looked at that people have incorrect amperage fuses in.