chime module

rockfangd

Hi everyone i am going to the salvage yard tomorrow and i need a chime module for my 94 oldsmobile cutlass supreme, Does anyone know exactly where it is located and what i have to remove to be able to get to it? Thanks

2 7mm screws to take the lower passenger side dash cover off (unless either it's off or you wanna break it off...lol) and yank it out. There's a connector off to the side as well for the auto locks. It's a white box.

thank you very much. Also can you tell me if the seatbelt indicator wire goes to the chime module. It has never worked since i bought my car. It is plugged in at the belt and the bulb is fine but it has never worked. I tested the wires one time on another car and i believe the one that is supposed to be hot is grounded?? someone said it could be the chime module.

Also i was just curious if the rear defrost relay is in the same location. I can hear the relay messing up when the timer is supposed to shut it off but i never found the relay

It is definately not the seatbelt as i have already tested that one lol. I also tried tracing the wire and i couldnt find anyting wrong, One wire runs towards the front and the other one is bolted to the floor(ground)

that would be great. The only other thing i can think of is that every time i start the car my DIS beeps and says low fuel range until i push another button, lol the last person that drove my car saw it and went to the gas station thinking it was low on fuel lol (good for me)

The only other thing i can think of is that every time i start the car my DIS beeps and says low fuel range until i push another button, lol the last person that drove my car saw it and went to the gas station thinking it was low on fuel lol (good for me)

I think that more has to do with the car being a '94 than anything...lol

yeah i figured.

Well today i changed the chime module, a rectangular black box, and a module mounted to the side of the box.

No clue what those boxes are for but i figured one of them may be the rear defrost timer.

Can someone please tell me if there is a fuse or relay for the seatbelt light? ? Changing the chime module didnt make a difference.

When i turn the key on it never comes on

the connector at the seatbelt? If so yes and it has never come on. I thought that when i checked a cutlass last year one wire was positive and one wire was negative but mine has one negativa and the other wire is nothing. This is just one of those issues that has always bothered me and i would like to get it fixed. I never even knew that distribution box was behind the dash there lol

well when i did the paperclip test it didnt work, I really dont want to pull the carpet for this lol but today when i had the carpet pulled i checked all of the wires for damage and such but i couldnt find anything wrong. I changed the cluster and the light bulb more than once lol, Is there a fuse or relay for it possibly?

ok these are the 3 boxes i pulled from the yard yesterday. I know the whie one is the chime module but i dont know what the other 2 are. I am going to take a guess that the long black box that is on the right side is the defrost relay and timer.

Also if someone can find some pinouts for the chime module i would appreciate it. Thanks