Factory Service Manual Question...

88red4cyl

I am looking into purchasing a set of factory service manuals for the Luminas ( I have one for the Fiero and it is awesome!).. I was wondering about what year to buy.. I was wondering about the 98 one, as it would have the info for the 3800 and the 3100. Only question I have is would it be specific enough for both cars, or would I need to buy a 95 and a 99.. I figured they probably didn't change too much over the years, but I wanted to check with you all before I wasted money on a manual I couldn't use..

Thanks!

I bought a 93 service manual for my car which is a 92 (it was only 8$ on half.com). Everything is pretty much exactly the same on a 1992 except the transmission portion. I have a 4t60 and the manual covers the 4t60e. I guess you could say it was a pretty significant change because about 40% of the one book is about the transmission.

how the fuck did you get dealer world SI without any login????? This is awesome!

Yeah this is sweet! I hope someone doesn't notice their mistake anytime soon. I wish the site was in pdf so I could dowload every car ever made.

1999 seems to be the cut off...otherwise it's just bulletins...

they go back further then that depending on the model you are looking at...but yeah, definitely not as far back as I would like either

95 was obd1 99 is obd2 lots of differences.

actually 95 was obd 1.5. So, even more differences lol

Yeah, I didn't think of the obd 1.5 vs. obd II when I wrote my original post.. I guess I'll just have to get a 95 and a 99 manual separately... The online stuff is good, but I like to be able to have the book in front of me as I'm working on the car..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...