W Body Quiz

IRONDOG442

Heres a new game that will probably be dominated by myself Ken and Jay (OK so it will pretty much be dominated by Ken and Jay). But each person who pots a correct answer will have the oppurtunity to create a new question. Since I rule, I will start.

What is the ONLY w-body that was not offered with steel wheels and hup cap covers?

how many TGPs were produced in 1989

Wow, this is going to be a mess.

I'm going to say 1,500.

I thought no one really had the answer to this one? I'm assuming for the 1989 model year.

Production numbers vary widely for the Turbo Grand Prix. Pre-production reviews placed estimates in 1989 at 2000. There were few reviews for the 1990 models, as most carried over unchanged besides the newer dashboard and a few other updates. Today production estimates are 2000, 3500 and 3750 for the coupes in both years with most agreeing on 1000 STE Turbo Sedans produced in 1990. At any rate, its a rare, unique car.

Source:

http://www.firebirdfever.com/firebirdfever/tgp.htm

how many TGPs were produced in 1989

751. or which... 725 have had vin records found with a vin identification program. the remaining 26 may never have been registered, or were missed due to a program glitch.

How much money did GM invest in the GM10 platform in the research and design?

I'm enforcing the three hour rule here, no one's answered. And I suck at this stuff, so I'm never going to be able to ask my question unless I do it this way (illegally).

What is the only W-body nameplate that never had an option on engines?

I'm enforcing the three hour rule here, no one's answered. And I suck at this stuff, so I'm never going to be able to ask my question unless I do it this way (illegally).

Toughy.....are you referring to ALL of the W cars from 88 to present..or just the 1st Gen cars?...

Toughy.....are you referring to ALL of the W cars from 88 to present..or just the 1st Gen cars?...

1st gen Regal

97+ Century

1st gen Regal

nope, they had choices of the 3.1 and 3800 I think.

1st gen Regal

Thats what I was thinking as well.........but not so.the base Regal engine was the 3.1...the 4 seater sport model was eqipped with the 3.8

1st gen Regal

Thats what I was thinking as well.........but not so.the base Regal engine was the 3.1...the 4 seater sport model was eqipped with the 3.8

WRONG! 2.8mpfi quad seaters...

I agree: 97+ century. 3100. blech!

97+ Century

Circle gets the square, and yes I was reffering to all W-bodies to answer the earlier question.

For the Century you do NOT have to classify a year or generation only the 1997+ ones were built on the W-body platform, the earlier ones shared the Ciera platform, hence they do not count.

. . . . New question - Euro?

. . . . Yes, I still want the answer to Crazy K's question.

97+ Century

Circle gets the square, and yes I was reffering to all W-bodies to answer the earlier question.

For the Century you do NOT have to classify a year or generation only the 1997+ ones were built on the W-body platform, the earlier ones shared the Ciera platform, hence they do not count

Yeah I know

You could get a heated drivers seat just not a passenger seat, also after 1999 you could not get digital climate control.

But the obvious answer was an L67 supercharged engine.

What were the only options on the 97+ GTP's that weren't available on the GT's and SE's

Heated seats and the digital info center (as opposed to the one w/ icons/dummy lights)?

I have the digital info center in my '03 GT, I think that we're talking the same one (oil life, MPG) and I don't think that both seats heated was an option at all. Heated Driver's I've seen on a '98 GT, I think that it was standard with leather.

I'm also assuming that the SC3800 is not considered an "option."

You could get a heated drivers seat just not a passenger seat, also after 1999 you could not get digital climate control.

I thought it was after 2000 when they changed the interior, haven't seen one, so I can't confirm (banned from E-bay here at work).

Nope, and nope!

What were the only options on the 97+ GTP's that weren't available on the GT's and SE's

Onstar mirror and power front passenger seat?

That's my best guess.

Nope, GT's could get them too. And no 2nd gen GP got power passenger seats(Regals did, and Intrigues too I think)

Heated seats and the digital info center (as opposed to the one w/ icons/dummy lights)?

And nope, I have both!

It was after 2000, mine has the digital CC.

But yes, 1 was the L67