Clear Tailights

kfahn

1 word- why?

ok maybe it was 2 words- why? yuck!

hell whered i learn to count anyways- why? yuck! illegal.

if they are illegal how come you see euro lights everywhere?

there is a difference. euro lights have red lenses moulded into them. Clear taillights are illegal, clear signals are illegal if the do not have yellow bulbs. A cop can pull you over if any light emitted from the rear of the vehicle is white while on the road (except while backing up).

clear tails illegal thats bs u got the red bulbs for brakin n the amber for turnin who cares if the lense is clear n not i dont get it n the do got got clear euro tail lights actually not really clear but all white (not see threw) that light up red or amber when needed

Factory clear taillights are legal because they either have something built into them to let clear bulbs light up red, or they use LEDs.

Aftermarket clears require those red bulbs, and red bulbs themselves aren't legal because they fade and discolor.

Also, all the Grand Prix's I've seen with the fake clears look like obvious hack jobs. They look like ass. The beam pattern and light output are all wrong, because the very important diffuser is removed.

1 word- why?

ok maybe it was 2 words- why? yuck!

hell whered i learn to count anyways- why? yuck! illegal.

if they are illegal how come you see euro lights everywhere?

because people are stupid, people speed.... they do all kinds of illegal stuff plus it looks gay and who would wanna risk breaking the law and making their car look fugly?

clear tails illegal thats bs u got the red bulbs for brakin n the amber for turnin who cares if the lense is clear n not i dont get it n the do got got clear euro tail lights actually not really clear but all white (not see threw) that light up red or amber when needed

Nope still illegal, cant change factory equiptment. And it makes it looks like a total hack job. I cant believe we have to share the roads with all those freakin rice rockets.

Nope still illegal, cant change factory equiptment. And it makes it looks like a total hack job. I cant believe we have to share the roads with all those freakin rice rockets.

WHAT?? Can't change factory equiptment?? no thats BULLSHIT all the car customizers are breaking the law??? so that means the blue head lights yellow and such are illegal??? And the euros are illegal too???

if so why are the euros for example are dot approved??

you have show me proof for me to agree with you!!

your state city county and ect. may try to inforce these so caslled laws you speak of but i hate to say it but dot over rides all of the above law agencies!!

so show me proof and i will agree with you!!

WHAT?? Can't change factory equiptment?? no thats BULLSHIT all the car customizers are breaking the law??? so that means the blue head lights yellow and such are illegal??? And the euros are illegal too???

if so why are the euros for example are dot approved??

you have show me proof for me to agree with you!!

your state city county and ect. may try to inforce these so caslled laws you speak of but i hate to say it but dot over rides all of the above law agencies!!

so show me proof and i will agree with you!!

Yes. Blue/Yellow headlights are illegal here in the Communistwealth...no wait, come to think about it, damn near everything is illegal here in VA.

APC's Craptezzas are legal because most of the manufacturers have went through the DOT certification process(APC does, the others, I'm not sure about), in that the aftermarket lights are a "stock replacement" that meet DOT requirements for light output.

i just read all this on lights in WI

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/Statutes/Stat0347.pdf

now it says the head lights have to be white and i read that side markers have to be red for back and amber for front

i also read about the breaking lights they can be red or amber but not once did it say anything about lenses!!

he is not totaly wrong but you can have clear tail lenses and front lenses they only have to show red or amber like the leds in those colors

not once did it say anything about factory equiptment replacement

Anything not DOT approved is illegal, that's why all non-DOT approved lights say "For Off-Road Use Only".

There are NO RED BULBS that are DOT approved, so anything that requires red bulbs are ILLEGAL.

i just read all this on lights in WI

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/Statutes/Stat0347.pdf

now it says the head lights have to be white and i read that side markers have to be red for back and amber for front

i also read about the breaking lights they can be red or amber but not once did it say anything about lenses!!

he is not totaly wrong but you can have clear tail lenses and front lenses they only have to show red or amber like the leds in those colors

not once did it say anything about factory equiptment replacement

This modification is not in any way replacing factory equiptment. It is modifying factory equiptment, which involves removing essential parts and using non dot approved bulbs. I doubt anyone would pull you over or fine you for it but it does make it look like sh!T

ok, i asked if anyone had done this. I am not asking what you think about them, nor do i care, jsut if you have done this show me a picture, if not be quiet. I am not asking if this is illegal, thank you for telling me so, i can find out for myself if i want to read through DOT rules. No hard feelings, just enough.

I want a picture, no more

i have a friend with a gp, he did this mod, but was never able to get the lights looking red, he put red bulbs in, but when the bulbs were on they made the lights look pink.

anyways, he just ended up changing them to those altezza style lights after

You should be able to find lots of pics of them at ClubGP. Go to the Domestic Rice Section (1988-96) of the forums. Back when I frequented that forum, I think there were tons of pics of this hack job... er... mod in peoples' sigs. One guy got extra creative and put bullet-style trailer lights in his. Do a search over there and you might find it.

I'd help you out with a direct link, but ClubGP's new forum software puts cookiecheck and all sorts of crap in the URL.

and by the way, how does that look like a hack job or a ricer thing to do.

Because it looks the same as if your taillight were to get broken out, and you just put a clear cover over it.

Any light assembly, even the aftermarket ones, at least have some kind of pattern to reflect the light either on the chrome reflector behind the bulb or on the plastic lens over the bulb. That has neither, and the reflector isn't chrome either. Just painted silver.

Looks cheap as a 300lb elderly prostitute.

ok, i asked if anyone had done this. I am not asking what you think about them, nor do i care, jsut if you have done this show me a picture, if not be quiet. I am not asking if this is illegal, thank you for telling me so, i can find out for myself if i want to read through DOT rules. No hard feelings, just enough.

I want a picture, no more

sorry i should just keep my mouth shut :(

blue headlights illegal then all them newer german luxery cars with the hids r illgal since the r blue wow i did not kno that i think someone should put a stop to this