94 Cutlass 3.4 top swap to 96+ intakes

96montecarloz31

Ok guys need some help. i have a friend with a 3.4 94 cutty, i have a 96 3.4 MC with P&P top en as my parts car. i am wondering what is involved with the swap? i am swapping the upper and lower intakes, the throttle arm and body, the fuel rail and injectors and the coil/module/bracket. i can see there are a few vac lines that need to be changed, but im not sure what they are and where they go. 3.4 gurus, what do you know?

is the monte single or overhead cams?? if thats the case i dont think you can swap anything.

i dont think i understand what it is your doing it sounds like you have a 3.4 dohc in both cars and your looking to swap the the plenum and intake??(for some reason)

uhh yeah last time i checked bigger plenum was better.. That is why people port them...................................................

Also not trying to be a dick but if both cars are right there just just swap what needs to be swapped.. If you cant figure it out for youself then you shouldnt be doing it.

I wouldn't put the bigger intake on a auto car. The shorter runners help low end.

Long, small diameter runners bump air velocity and help low rpm torque but become restrictive at high revs (where velocity doesn't matter.......just airflow). Short fat runners are what you want on the top end.

This is why Taurus SHO's (amongst others) have a dual runner intake manifold, which is why SHO's make more low rpm torque (below 3500rpm they out-twist an LQ1) and more top end power (above 6000rpm an SHO will make an LQ1 it's bitch).............and THAT is why they are just faster cars ;)

Back to the 96-97 LQ1 intakes (slightly shorter, fatter runners AND a little more plenum volume).......

I would have no problem with sticking them on an auto car........IF siad car had the 3.73 gear swap that is :mrgreen:

Otherwise, I agree........manual only.

i am talking 2 3.4 liter cars (i have a 96 Z34 parts car) the big reason for the swap is the P&P top end.

the reason i am unable to figure all of it out is the parts car came to me with the motor partially torn down, the intakes were off and stuff disconnected so i dont have a full idea of the vacuum line routing that is my sticking point.

the cutty is not my car, and my friend has already bought the intakes from me and wants em on, so i have no argument for the runner length issue, its what he wants

uhh yeah last time i checked bigger plenum was better.. That is why people port them...................................................

Also not trying to be a dick but if both cars are right there just just swap what needs to be swapped.. If you cant figure it out for youself then you shouldnt be doing it.

Epic fail