LQ1 City Mileage

oldscsc

• 2 weeks later...

yeah its pretty pathetic my dad has a v8 mustang and it gets the same mileage as my car the best ive in mine so far is 19 mpg this week bu that is because ive been driving my mom around i normaly get around 17 that is because i normaly run it to 3500-5000 rpm during acceleration and not 2500-3500 like this week

yeah its pretty pathetic my dad has a v8 mustang and it gets the same mileage as my car the best ive in mine so far is 19 mpg this week bu that is because ive been driving my mom around i normaly get around 17 that is because i normaly run it to 3500-5000 rpm during acceleration and not 2500-3500 like this week

Wow, mine usually shifts at 2250-2500 :eek: You must drive yours pretty hard...got any videos?

no video yeah i drive it a litte hard town driving it shifts to second at 3500-4000 on the interstate it shifts at 5000 but thats just to get up to speed others gears shift around the time yours do i just dont like to wait plus i got use to driving that way i had a geo with 55 hp

:biggrin: hey yall my 92 cutlass with the lQ1 got 29mpg on all hwy. and got 12mpg city stop and go.. hahah. there is alot of factors that effect mpg. if you are always getting 10 mpg then I would worry and start looking for a solution.

Dammit. When I shifted at ~ 3500 RPM (a little harder than I like to drive it) it got 25.8 MPG. I drove it nice, floored it 3-4 times and I got ~13/14 MPG :neutral: I guess I'll start driving it harder again... :cry:

Dammit. When I shifted at ~ 3500 RPM (a little harder than I like to drive it) it got 25.8 MPG. I drove it nice, floored it 3-4 times and I got ~13/14 MPG :neutral: I guess I'll start driving it harder again... :cry:

LQ1 r build to drive hard! :twisted:

I always drive hard on my STE 3.1 MFI. Hit 4k-6k rpm. But I always let motor warm up first! and use Mobil 1 sythenic oil. I think it's good for motor to drive hard :dunno: But I do worry about one thing is tranny if I drive hard! Tranny cant take much beat by 3.1 Turbo or 3.4 DOHC. I will see how long my tranny can last with my driving by 3.1 (NON turbo). on motor/body is 180k miles. On tranny, it have 75k on it now

My daily 1990 STE 3.1 (non turbo) 50/50 city n hwy, I got avg 23 mpg, winter 21. It need tune up badly! I am sure it will hit avg 28 mpg if I do tune up. other reason for lower mpg is I always drive hard no matter what.

for LQ1, I dont have lot of knowledge mpg. With my 1994 Z-34, I once did make 27.5 plus MPG on highway at 75 mph with 4 people on long trip.

Reason why I dont have lot of knowledge, because I always drive too fast, so I cant really answer avg mpg for highway. :redface:

I average 22-24 driving from home to work for 10 miles, mostly open country road with 4 stop signs and 3 stoplights on the way to work. I hit at least 5k rpm every day. I've learned I get the best milage when i speed up enought to get it to shift around 3500 ish. I get 17mpg~ in my 1994 350tbi z71 driving it back and forth to work.

My '92 LQ1 is getting 18.7 combined mileage. If it is strictly stop and go, its more like 16. Also, I have never been able to maintain that 27 MPG or whatever it is rated at... I've gotten 31 before, but only briefly, and that average never lasts more than an hour or two.

My '92 LQ1 is getting 18.7 combined mileage. If it is strictly stop and go, its more like 16. Also, I have never been able to maintain that 27 MPG or whatever it is rated at... I've gotten 31 before, but only briefly, and that average never lasts more than an hour or two.

Are you basing this off of the DIC? I try not to trust the DIC.

Since I got the GP running, DIC wise I've been getting about an even 20 sometimes 22. I don't really drive in the city most of my driving is like 65% Hwy or at least 50% hwy and surface streets that I can hit 55-60 on. (These are all of the DIC)

When I drove it in the winter I was lucky to get 17 city., maybe 20 on the hwy.

I've never got why we get such shitty mpg? It must be our fuel injection system matched with the gearing.(3.4's generally got some decently tall gears.)

Are you basing this off of the DIC? I try not to trust the DIC.

Since I got the GP running, DIC wise I've been getting about an even 20 sometimes 22. I don't really drive in the city most of my driving is like 65% Hwy or at least 50% hwy and surface streets that I can hit 55-60 on. (These are all of the DIC)

When I drove it in the winter I was lucky to get 17 city., maybe 20 on the hwy.

I've never got why we get such shitty mpg? It must be our fuel injection system matched with the gearing.(3.4's generally got some decently tall gears.)

I guess I haven't really found out about gears for my car yet...3.42's?

Dammit!! I wouldn't be bitching about my mileage if I hadn't done so much better. This fillup, I got 17 MPG. That's less than I'd like it to be, but no big deal. The big deal is that I got 25.8 driving the same damn route, and the same driving habits as when I got 12 MPG. Have I not told that yet--I got 11.75 MPG to and from school being nice, shifting at 2250. I shifted at 3,000 this because of the info Ken gave me on the torque converter. How did I get 25.8? :thinking: Guess I'll have to keep experimenting...