Help with 1993 Lumina

LuminaGuyOKC1993

Is it possible to upgrade a base instrument cluster on a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina with the 3.1 V-6 to a cluster from a Z34? I would like to have more than idiot lights, and would prefer to have gauges. Would I need to upgrade a computer chip also?? Thanks.

Easy as pie...You will need to repin the connector or make an adaptor and add a couple of sensors depending on what year Lumina (Euros and Z34s could have had full gauges - A Euro might be easier to find.)

Not just some, all Euros had that same gauge package as z34's.

No, because I looked at a 1994 euro 4 door in Driftwood with 65,000 miles for $1650 that had a BASE gauge cluster.

Not all of them....Like Manic said, and I've seen Euro's(mostly 90-92) with the base cluster.

And...the Euro gauge package and Z34 gauge package had a slight difference.

Euro=6500rpm redline

Z34=7000rpm redline

• 2 weeks later...

How much does it cost to obtain a Euro or Z34 guage cluster? Also, WHERE does one go about getting one? I have a base guage cluster too and I'm rather tired of it (serves its purpose, but not being able to monitor stuff as much and not seeing what speeds I'm hitting when pinning the speedo makes things less enjoyable). I figured that if I could get ahold of one with everything I need for a low price, I'd have someone with experience install it for me and show me how at the same time.

Not all of them....Like Manic said, and I've seen Euro's(mostly 90-92) with the base cluster.

And...the Euro gauge package and Z34 gauge package had a slight difference.

Euro=6500rpm redline

Z34=7000rpm redline

One other thing: Some clusters got a voltmeter, and some did not.