Sealed beam headlights

FastSE2DR

Somewhere I heard you could pull the bulbs out of the mini headlights on the 91-96 grand prix's. I want aftermarket headlights but no one makes the sealed ones. can anyone help me out with this?

ive done it to my car, the brights so far, havent had time to do my lows cuz you cant have them in your car for a day (need to drive at night), its pretty easy, oh yeah, when your doing them the bulb is the whole metal part not just the bulb and plastic part like on regular bulbs, youll see what i mean when you start doing the project, also what i like with new bulbs, there a lot brighter because the whole casing is glass means hella bright..hehe go here this helped a lot also

http://redfox340.tripod.com/wbodyperformance/id22.html

thanx to luke z34 i think he did it

My low beams use the super yellow 100W all weather bulbs which means people's eyes don't react nearly as bad and I never get flashed. I also used plumbers Goop to glue mine in, surface sets within an hour and has held for 6 or so months.

Also, blue headlights suck big time. The only thing they are good at is lighting up the reflective coating on roadsigns a mile away while you can't see the ground just a hundred feet in front of you. Either go with the white or yellow, never blue.

What? You can't have the lights in the car for a day.... I did mine all in about three hrs and that was well over 8 months ago. I haven't had a single problem with them. I used the APC lights as apposed to the more expensive others. From that I understand they can get so hot as to melt your wiring.

the silicone i used to glue my bulbs back in took a day to harden, thats why i didnt have mine for a day, im not sure what else to use that will dry quickly and hold up to the heat that headlights produce, any suggestions are welcome, also...i like blue head lights, my brights at least, my low beams are gonna be philps, out of my friends beemer...there hella bright, white that is...looks like freckin hid head lights there sweet

I also had a problem driving with blue lights, for some reason my eyes were straining and I got headaches if i drove over an hour with them. So i thought i'd give really really yellow ones a try, its funny but while the blue ones looked brighter I find it easier to see with the yellow ones. The blues and whites to some extent have a very bright spot (focal point), enough that it is impossible to see anything outside the bright spot cause your eyes are so dialated. The yellows while they do appear dimmer make it so much easier to see stuff of to the edges of the focal point.

The yellow ones also really kick ass in rain/fog/snow, it was real foggy one time and i couldn't figure out why everybody was slowing down to 40mph and slower for no apparent reason while I was passing them all doing the speed limit of 65, just looked like a light fog to me. Took a while to realize that there white and blue headlights were blinding them.

Anyway, I will never use blue headlights again, I may consider xenon or other white bulbs for the high beams but never the lows. The lows will always be the halogen pale yellow or the all weather super deep yellow.

Those that have or like the blue bulbs, you guys find it almost impossible to see on newly asphaulted roads?

I guess it comes down to personal preference.

I was kinda looking into getting green headlights since my car is green. Also, it would be somethin new rather than what i see around my town, hyper whites. I am planning on gettin green lows, and fogs and then possibly highs or parking lamps. But I will probably get just bright white for my highs. If anyone has tried or knows anyone that has tried green tint lights let me know before I buy them. Also, one other question...are the fogs sealed too? I have the B4U package.

See thats also what I was wondering....

Contact / read online on what your local DMV will allow.

Besides, if there is an occurance with an officer and you're legal, you can prove it to them.

Something to consider.

- Erik

what stuff did you guys use to glue your bulbs back in, i just got my low beams and id like to do them quickly rather than taking a day

Some RTV sillicone will do just fine.

Air tight so that condensation and moisture won't appear in the lenses.

- Erik

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got around to doing this. It worked good and it went really fast. I didnt even have to take anything out of my car the lights just broke out with light force. The other ones were in about 15mins from start to finish. This may vary by car/year. This is a recommended mod by me...the quality of the aftermarket lights are a lot better than my factory ones. I ended up gettin green...they are not very green at all but it shines bright.

i also think the blue bulbs have a shitty appearance in most cars cuz it just looks like a damn ricer mod..........EXCEPT these cars!! For some reason the mini quads look hella good with the low beams in. i can see just as good or better with them and they look great from the outside. i left the foglights regular 880s and the high beams regular 9005s. the reason i didnt switch the hi beams is because.........why the hell would i? nobody should be looking at your hi beams anyways, and my current ones are already bright enough to blind an alien spaceship.

You CAN use the silicon RTV after an hour, but i dont recommend it. u need to let it sit at least overnight preferably 24 hrs. What i did was end up buying another set or regular sealed beam 9006s ($35ea !!!) and pop them in while i let my my fake HIDs dry for a day

I also had a problem driving with blue lights, for some reason my eyes were straining and I got headaches if i drove over an hour with them. So i thought i'd give really really yellow ones a try, its funny but while the blue ones looked brighter I find it easier to see with the yellow ones. The blues and whites to some extent have a very bright spot (focal point), enough that it is impossible to see anything outside the bright spot cause your eyes are so dialated.

the reasion for the Bright spot is that they weren't focused correctly. on my Lumina i have Silvania brightstar(the brightest bulbs other than HIDS) highs and lows, I do have a white spot but when i am driving the spot is ahead of me and it doesn't affect my driving at all... and i suffer from migrane head achs due to over exposure to bright light... my eyes are over sensitive to light.