Need an A/C compressor. brand to choose.

Crazy K

The 95 sedan had a busted a/c compressor. I tried getting one from the j/y, but everyone I checked was junk.

I need a new/reman. who should i go to? what brand should i choose?

I believe the 94-95 compressors are the VERY WORST put in our cars. I have seen soooo many bad ones.

Stay away from Vatozone rebuilds. The first one I got didn't compress out of the box. The second one became really noisy within a year (it's still in the car, though).

I'd spend more money on a quality rebuild. Who makes a quakity rebuild is the $64,000 question.

Stay away from Vatozone rebuilds. The first one I got didn't compress out of the box. The second one became really noisy within a year (it's still in the car, though).

I'd spend more money on a quality rebuild. Who makes a quakity rebuild is the $64,000 question.

EXACTLY!!!! (I am staying away from AZ ones. but I know my dad bought one for the ciera)

the denso costs 369.99. DAMMIT.

I wonder if... I think I'm gonna pull a 93 compressor and a 94-95 compressor and compare them at the j/y. right now... I need the car to run, BADLY. A/C is a lessor priority. I have several 94-95 used compressors in indy, so I could switch it out later.... as long as I have a pulley right now. and i'm in Cleveland at the moment.

I got my last rebuilt AC compressor from Autozone while keeping my fingers crossed. I've been lucky.  20,000 miles and no problems.  For my other W car, I pulled an AC compressor off of a jy 94 Buick Century that had 74K and it's been doing well.  Having said that, I went thru AC exchange hell a couple of years ago on my MBenz R4.  I found a terrific web group on www.aircondition.com/tech/ that steered me away from what I had already found and directed me to a company in NY that sold new compressors.  For the R4 that was cheaper in the long run.  The V5 experience has been good for me- so far.  I believe my AZ unit is a Delphi rebuild.

Hmm!!!

well. Here is what I determined. the 94 vs 93 compressors are similar, except for the rear cover. the big difference in incompatibility is that GM redesigned the connector, changing the depth of one, but not the other by about 1 mm.

Why is every 94 and 95 compressor have a dragging or ceased clutch plate???? the 93 down cars have the same design, but don't suffer the same issue. WTF????

I bought a 93 compressor, with the intention of attempting a rear case swap.

Ken, quit trying to be cheap and jimmy rig stuff and just by a reman compressor.. I will let you in on a little secret.. All remans from parts stores are reman'd by the SAME company :wink:

They fail quickly due improper evacuation and recharge, and the failure to replace other neccessary A/C parts when a compressor suffers a failure!

Why is every 94 and 95 compressor have a dragging or ceased clutch plate???? the 93 down cars have the same design, but don't suffer the same issue. WTF????

That must only happen up north with your harsher weather. :lol: I hardly ever see bad compressors in any year W's down here. My parent's have a '94 Regal with the original compressor and it works perfectly. The system has actually never been touched on that car, it puts out ice cold air(38*F vent temps when it's 90*F outside).