Fancy Mirror Install Help

tdvs

Picked up one of those fancy, giddy-up self dimming rear view mirrors from the yard today. Looked like there were 2 types. One regular size style - 1st gen? and one with a larger windshield mount and little screen/window in the upper right of the mirror which is the one I bought. Now that I have it, can it be installed to work in a '95 CS Vert? How? There are 3 wires, a green, a pink?(looks pink)with thin black stripe, and black with white stripe. What is the little window for?

The tips and information I've been getting in just a couple of weeks from this sight are invaluable. The down side is all the new ideas and things you guys are giving me to spend money on :lol: If my wife finds out, she'll chop me up into little pieces and feed me to the fishes :willynilly:

Thanks anyway, Tom

know what saying bout your wife im getting the stink right now for being on from mine.

anyways the little box in the corner should be for the nwse direction and or temp. i would suggest hooking direct power up to the mirror with some type of fuse in line and play with the wires and see what does what.

Im sure i will getshit for saying that and i know there are better ways but its late and ive been in the garage all day so im ready to blow something up. :bonk:

AND UHH WHERES MY MIRROR :mrgreen:

not really though but seriously

pink = switched hot.

black = ground

lt green = reverse lights

I hook the pink to the radio power feed, so it is on ONLY when the car is running.

ground to ground...

and the lt green i find and splice into the reverse wire. it deactives the auto dim when you are in reverse.

tip. lube the mirror button and mirror catch using a pencil... so the mirror will slip right on.

pink = switched hot.

black = ground

lt green = reverse lights

I hook the pink to the radio power feed, so it is on ONLY when the car is running.

ground to ground...

and the lt green i find and splice into the reverse wire. it deactives the auto dim when you are in reverse.

tip. lube the mirror button and mirror catch using a pencil... so the mirror will slip right on.