How bad is this?!

5speedz34

I was trying to straighten out the fender that was dented. This is what I found. Is this safe? I mean can I drive the car for a while at least?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/1220032684.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/1220032687.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/1220032691.jpg

Wow!! good luck witdat.

What is obuma doing on that avatar? Was he really checking for dandruff? :biggrin:

Ihateallmustangs?

I knocked the rust out, its not "terrible" and I use that very very loosely. My plan is just to spray some rust inhibitor and ducttape it or something. I don't have time to do serious work to it.

I still want people to tell me how safe that is? Is it a serious structure there? Will it be dangerous to drive?

structurally it looks fine, judging by the pictures anyhow. I have the same problem on my passenger side between the back and front door (right at the bottom of that center column) and i can almost stick my fist in there, But i dont worry about it until it breaks lol. Thats why i buy bondo lol

I would scrap that car and part it out and find one in better shape, unless you just want to drive it and not put another dime into that. Seriously, that's some nasty rust.

what I have said. no mods, just keep up on maintenance and safety. but make a waterproof patch, and pour heavy wieght oil or grease into the the body areas prone with rust. Tony... if you want to seal it with metal... i can bring my rivet gun to the next meet.

dude that is the a-pillar that is rusted through and through, will the car fold in half?? no, will the door start to sag?? yes, can it be fixed yes but it will be a very very costly repair

outer and inner a-pillar would have to be replaced, along with the inner and outer rocker panle, the rocker panles not to worry again the car wont fold in half

is it worth fixing NOPE!!!!!!

Ohh trust me the rockers are gone......

What do we do about our rockers? My car has very little rust underneath and nothing exterior (except where there are minor paint problems), but I was surprised to push on the top of my rocker where I saw a little hole where it's exposed between the cladding and sill and it was soft so I stopped pushing, but I know what that means... bdyman?

Tony, drive the car into the ground. Make sure it runs at least OK but just drive it. Thats how cars get around here and they will be on the roads for years, but dont' think that she's gonna be a show car! It's a DD now!