Driver side window binding

thikstik

On my 4 door Regal, the drivers window is binding halfway up. I pulled door panel and there doesnt seem to be any broken parts. I adjsusted the front track to make it go tighter onto glass, but it didnt work...glass binds as it tilts forward. Have you guys seen this?

Thanks

Yea , its a 1994. I havent seen a clip at rear...your thinking that it should have one? It sure just seems to float in hte 2 track, un-guided by anything. I didnt see any broken pieces in door bottom.

Thanks

there should be a clip on the back rear of the glass, it is about 4 inches tall with a tab in the middle, and located near the top (an inch or two down) of the window. I have seen this clip fall off... if it did it fell inside the door.

I would glue it back on using either windshield urethane, or rearview mirror adhesive.

Crazy, do you mean the clip is located rearward AND downward? I am sure there wasnt one, the only plastic attachment to the glass is at the frontal lower edge and it seems intact. I am going to check again for part you are describing . Thanks

Crazy K...yes , u do in fact rule. :high5: It was eaxactly that...the piece was at bottom of door. It was not GM'sfault , as it is obvious from glass chunks, that window had been done before. I can see how it will be easy to get to window's edge by loosening front channel and tilting glass forward. But am not sure where to get the special glue. Crazy, what doesOnly &nbsp mean? Thanks Crazy and Rockfangd