Locating wiring question

Captain Ficho

I'm adding an extra more accurate voltmeter because the one in my CS' analog dash is kinda a guessing game. The instructions say to A) connect one wire to the dash light circuit, where is the dash light circuit? B) Connect one wire to the ignition switch, where is the ignition switch?

Thanks a lot guys. :high5:

that analog guage is terrible. BUT... I discovered something... I tried doing what you did with a voltmeter... and realized that while my digimeter always read 12.4 volts... the car guage is sensitive to the amount of resistance the car has going on (loose aux post or bad battery cable etc etc etc)

BUT!!!!!!! your DIC has a BUILT IN VOLTMETER!!!!!! USE THAT!

btw.. I linked my voltmeter to the leads going to the cluster, the hot that is the switched hot for the gauge, and the cluster ground wire. You should probably do the same. i can look that up for you tomorrow if you want.

BUT!!!!!!! your DIC has a BUILT IN VOLTMETER!!!!!! USE THAT!

btw.. I linked my voltmeter to the leads going to the cluster, the hot that is the switched hot for the gauge, and the cluster ground wire. You should probably do the same. i can look that up for you tomorrow if you want.

Don't have a DIC in this car actually, that's my other International! Never thought I'd hear myself say that. :lol:

Yeah, it would be great if you could look up that info for me.

ok. gimme a bit of time. and start looking for a second DIC!!!! (says the guy who has several and never completely installed one) :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

just know that the alledged volt guage you want to put in will NOT look right in my book :willynilly: mine was just temporary. :P

ok. gimme a bit of time. and start looking for a second DIC!!!! (says the guy who has several and never completely installed one) :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

just know that the alledged volt guage you want to put in will NOT look right in my book :willynilly: mine was just temporary. :P

It is just for peace of mind because my sound system has a way of starting to drain my battery in stop and go traffic when cranked so I'd like to have a better way of keeping my eye on it.