W-Body.com has a new owner!

GnatGoSplat

It's my pleasure to announce that LukeZ34 is now the new owner of W-body.com!

When I created The W-Body Page in 1995, I envisioned a place on the web for w-body owners to learn about the cars, share information and tips, and just to get to know each other. My goal has become a reality, and I am very pleased that more than 13-years later, the site is still going strong. However, I will be the first to admit that over the past few years, I have become very lazy with the site and forum. As a result, I asked Luke to join the W-body staff as an administrator. He has grabbed the job by the horns, accomplishing great things such as the change from phpBB to SMF, assembling a web team to overhaul the main site, and dealing with all the issues that occasionally pop up in keeping the site up and running. Luke and the moderators have done such a great job that my involvement is no longer necessary, and hasn't been for some time. For this reason, I feel like there is no better time to retire and pass the torch to Luke.

I would like to personally thank Luke and the W-Body.com staff: Brian P, Robby1870, slick, digitaloutsider, CS1138, White93Z34, 99RegalGS, mfewtrail, Grand Moff Joseph and Crazy K, for their outstanding work in running the site these past few years. I especially want to thank you, the members, for making W-body.com what it is today, which is not just a website and forum, but an online family. I will miss being the owner of W-body.com, but I'll still be around as a member. I know Luke has some exciting plans for the future, so we have a lot to look forward to!

Please welcome Luke in his new role as owner of W-body.com!

1. Toaplan creates the Zero Wing video game.

2. Toaplan releases a port for the Sega Genesis console with the addition of an intro scene, which is then translated into english (very poorly) and released in the United States.

3. Toaplan goes out of business.

4. Someone from a Zany Video Game Quotes website notices the poor translation, and highlights the game.

5. Overclocked.org does a humorous voiceover of the Zero Wing intro in a fake Wayne Newton voice.

6. Dozens of game-related messageboards begin to post quotes from the parody, and images altered to show the phrase.

7. Most of the threads lose interest and die off quickly as the trend is pronounced dead countless times.

8. The Flash movie/video is released with images from the threads and music taken from the origional game someone had added the phrase "all your base" to.

9. AYB explosively expands to the general (non game messageboard-reading) public.

10. The origional site for the video is shut down within hours due to excessive traffic, and moves to PlanetStarsiege.

11. Lycos ponders how "All your Base" was transformed from obscurity to a top 50 search practically overnight.

12. Mainstream media begin to notice the trend, and stories appear in Time Magazine, USA Today, Fox News, The Los Angeles Times, Tech TV, Wired, and many others.

13. As the 'remix' used in the video goes from 58 hits a day to several thousand per day, mp3.com notices the track has been ripped directly from the video game and pulls the music off their site due to copyright violations. It is later returned unchanged.

14.The trend continues to grow as it expands into nearly every corner of the web.

Large websites like Angelfire and Hewlett Packard sneak "all your base" references into their designs.

"All Your Base" is pronounced dead several times every day, yet it's 15 minutes of fame continue for some reason...

UNFORTUNATELY the current system of user names can be cumbersome and confusing, with multiple users using similar IDs. [HOW MANY IRONDOGGS WERE THERE?] Therefore as part of the changeover we need to adopt a new identity scheme to simplify and reduce confusion. We shall discard the current self naming scheme and all be assigned numbers.

THIS NUMBER SCHEME SHALL BE ASSIGNED AS FOLLOWS:

------------------------------------------------------

WE ALL ROCK. WE ARE ALL NUMBER 1!

Thanks for the wonderful site Gnat!

西暦2101年

戦いは始まった。

艦長:一体どうしたと言んだ [sic]!

機関士:何者かによって、爆発物が仕掛けられたようです。

通信士:艦長!通信が入りました!

艦長:なにっ!

通信士:メインスクリーンにビジョンが来ます。

艦長:おっお前は!

CATS:おいそがしそうだね、諸君。

CATS:連邦政府軍のご協力により、君達の基地は、全てCATSがいただいた。

CATS:君達の艦も、そろそろ終わりだろう。

艦長:ばっばかなっ・・・!

CATS:君達のご協力には感謝する。

CATS:せいぜい残り少ない命を、大切にしたまえ・・・・。

CATS:ハッハッハッハッハッ・・・

通信士:艦長・・・。

艦長:ZIG全機に発進命令!!

艦長:もう彼らに託すしかない・・。

艦長:我々の未来に希望を・・・

艦長:たのむぞ。ZIG!!

西暦2101年

戦いは始まった。

艦長:一体どうしたと言んだ [sic]!

機関士:何者かによって、爆発物が仕掛けられたようです。

通信士:艦長!通信が入りました!

艦長:なにっ!

通信士:メインスクリーンにビジョンが来ます。

艦長:おっお前は!

CATS:おいそがしそうだね、諸君。

CATS:連邦政府軍のご協力により、君達の基地は、全てCATSがいただいた。

CATS:君達の艦も、そろそろ終わりだろう。

艦長:ばっばかなっ・・・!

CATS:君達のご協力には感謝する。

CATS:せいぜい残り少ない命を、大切にしたまえ・・・・。

CATS:ハッハッハッハッハッ・・・

通信士:艦長・・・。

艦長:ZIG全機に発進命令!!

艦長:もう彼らに託すしかない・・。

艦長:我々の未来に希望を・・・

艦長:たのむぞ。ZIG!!

You're ridiculous!

Thanks for the site Gnat, it is by far the biggest database of CSC info on the web! And Luke...a KS owner of W-body! Great! Here's the clapping smiley everyone has been looking for. clapsmiley.gif