Interior interchange

daytonboi

This is my first post. I've searched and searched and probably need to search some more. Anyway I'm hoping to be the proud owner of a 96 Lumina and I wanted to know what interior pices could be swapped between cars. I would really like the interior out of a Regal but would settle for an Intrigue, GP or Impala. When i say interior I mean everything dash, door panels seats, the works. And then I would also like to know if any exterior body parts like bumpers are swappable. Thanks.

Seats and what not will swap over just fine between 2 and 4 doors. The plastic panels will be different, door panels will be different, etc... from a 2 door to a 4 door.

IMO, a Regal interior swap would be a good way to go, especially in leather. Those seats are comfortable!

Seats and what not will swap over just fine between 2 and 4 doors. The plastic panels will be different, door panels will be different, etc... from a 2 door to a 4 door.

IMO, a Regal interior swap would be a good way to go, especially in leather. Those seats are comfortable!

Yeah but they deteriorate at an incredibly fast rate!

This is my first post. I've searched and searched and probably need to search some more. Anyway I'm hoping to be the proud owner of a 96 Lumina and I wanted to know what interior pices could be swapped between cars. I would really like the interior out of a Regal but would settle for an Intrigue, GP or Impala. When i say interior I mean everything dash, door panels seats, the works. And then I would also like to know if any exterior body parts like bumpers are swappable. Thanks.

Let me know when you are going to do this and I will help! Where in Dayton are you located? I am in Dayton myself, you missed a meet out at Eastwood Lake two weekends ago!

^^^

I will agree with that. the seats in my sisters GS are way better then the ones in my GTP

The ones in my Regal were comfortable as well, but good luck taking a turn. They didn't hold you in worth a damn. I ended up selling them for $30 because the lower back support was terrible (had back problems as a result), and the leather was tearing. The moment I put in the racing seats, my lower back problems went away and haven't come back in the 2 years I've had them in there. Problem solved.

^^^

I will agree with that. the seats in my sisters GS are way better then the ones in my GTP

The ones in my Regal were comfortable as well, but good luck taking a turn. They didn't hold you in worth a damn. I ended up selling them for $30 because the lower back support was terrible (had back problems as a result), and the leather was tearing. The moment I put in the racing seats, my lower back problems went away and haven't come back in the 2 years I've had them in there. Problem solved.

i've never been in 1G regal seats.....so I will take your word for it :lol: ....the seats that you have in there now look really nice

Let me know when you are going to do this and I will help! Where in Dayton are you located? I am in Dayton myself, you missed a meet out at Eastwood Lake two weekends ago!

Could be Dayton, Texas. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info everyone I will keep all that in mind when I go j/y diving for parts. Uncle had 96 Monte Z34 and 96 Lumina LTZ and I can attest to the comfort of the leather but you had no support at all and you slid around like no tomorrow. I want a HUD but I was thinking more along the lines of a 97-02 Regal Dash just for a more classy look. But before I do any of that I need to see what wrong with the engine and I'll discuss that in another thread.

here's what i know.

someone swapped a 97+ regal dash into a 90-94 style lumina, and it required extensive firewall modification, including even being unable to use the stock wipers!

the hvac box is the same in ALL gen 1 and gen 1.5 cars (with minor variations for auto vs manual vs dual zone climate controls) and having removed a dash from a 95+ monte carlo, it appear to be the exact same firewall as the gen 1 cars.