Installing HIDs in a W-Body

pDuB257

Hey guys, I'm new to the W-Body platform and was wondering how to install HIDs in a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. I am very familiar with the J-Body platform and know that in J-Bodies there is a black BCM box below the steering wheel on the driver's side footwell with a blue wire in it that needs to be cut to disable the daytime running lights/automatic headlights. I was wondering how to successfully do this or if it is the same in W-Bodies or not. I've search all over the internet and cannot find any kind of tutorials on how to install HIDs in any W-Bodies. Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much in advance.

For most kits its just as simple as changing the bulb. Not sure on how to disable DRLs on the 97+ GPs

disabling DRLs is as simple as pulling a fuse (this will also disable auto headlights too) or if you want to get rid of the DRLs but keep the auto headlights, open the driver's door and pull off the access panel on the side of the dash. Inside u'll see a heatsink w/ a plug that has 2 wires in it. Unplug that wire and you will lose your DRLs and retain the auto headlights