Cruise cuts off

tdvs

Make sure that all the vaccum lines from the cruise control cruise control sero unit to the Vaccum ball are all connected. It could be that 1 of you lines are blocked also.

it could be a bad turn signal switch. the old TSS in my 94 did that. It cut out whenever the left blinker was turned on, or just randomly without cause. if I pulled the ts lever towards me it would work ok.

try wiggling the stalk with cruise on to see if it cuts out.

ALSO... either get a brick or a friend... and hold the brake pedal down, making sure the rear brake lights ALL work. they try the same with both the left and the right TS on. any failure of the lights to light.... replace the switch.

I'll check the lights, but figure it's probably in the turn signal stalk. Oh well, I wanted to pull the column apart anyway to paint the outer housing tan to match the rest of the interior. I'm painting most of the black interior trim, dash bezel, top of console, shift nob, door handle pockets, etc. tan. Thank you for all the responses. :high5:

Too much black. I first thought of some kind of wood grain, but there's nothing available anymoe, if there ever was. Did find a guy on the internet who could "dip" the stuff I wanted done for a wood grain look, but $620 was too steep for me. So tan to match was the only other thing I could think of. Any other suggestions would be considered.

five bucks says green

Thats my thought.

I could see woodgrain fitting with a tan 95 interior... but tan.....................

well... 95 buicks had a similiar interior, IIRC they have a tan bezel and column etc etc etc... too much tan.

You owe me 5 bucks !!! It's Dark Teal Metallic :lol: Oh ya, I also thought of the exterior color, but that's too over done and trendy. Afraid it will be like disco balls and green shag carpet in a couple of years. And where do I find Teal touch-up paint without buying a pint? I've tryed all the usual suspects. :willynilly:

fun. I would paint them with a satin black finish and let them be if it were me. wait... I just did that in my 94. all I need now is the ubber rare (to find intact) tan 1995 CS glovebox door for the 94.

This has gotten way off thread - hope it's not a problem.

I plan to hit 3 of my local junk yards Monday to see what's new. Will keep an eye out for a good tan '95 glove box door. Just want to be clear on this tho, and sure I understand you correctly. Didn't know the redesigned '95 interior parts were interchangeable with the '94. Also, thought tan was not available till '95. And why would it be hard to find intact?

This has gotten way off thread - hope it's not a problem.

I plan to hit 3 of my local junk yards Monday to see what's new. Will keep an eye out for a good tan '95 glove box door. Just want to be clear on this tho, and sure I understand you correctly. Didn't know the redesigned '95 interior parts were interchangeable with the '94. Also, thought tan was not available till '95. And why would it be hard to find intact?

since when was a derailed thread off topic???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well... funny story... The 95 glove box usually doesn't fit in a 94! Except mine. Be aware... the 96 and 97 interior are a DIFFERENT color of tan. (more like NEUTRAL) I already bought two of those "tan" doors and the colors were wrong. much of the time the doors have been damaged, but I know I'll find one eventually. If you see one, let me know, But I don't want anyone to buy one without telling me first.

tan was available in cuttys as early as 1992. and my 94 and both 95s have tan.

Will keep my eyes open for 1 and should I get lucky, I'll let you know first. I also have 2 '95 verts. 1 all black 3.4 bought about a year ago, and a teal/tan 3.4 bought 6 months ago. I didn't know much about them at first but have been learning as I go, especially in the last 2 weeks from this web sight. I've been watching '91 - '94s on various used car web sights, contemplating a rear seat swap - bench to buckets but never saw tan. Another thing learned from this sight. :high5:

Good question if a 94 and earlier vert EVER got tan. I have not seen one. ALL tan interior 92-94 cars I have seen have been totally base models... BUt Manic will chime in. He posted pics of a 92 or 93 car with tan and SWRC!!!! I'd like to see that again, manic!

Good question if a 94 and earlier vert EVER got tan. I have not seen one. ALL tan interior 92-94 cars I have seen have been totally base models... BUt Manic will chime in. He posted pics of a 92 or 93 car with tan and SWRC!!!! I'd like to see that again, manic!

I've never seen a convertible with tan either :dunno:

Tan was not available on convertibles until 1995. Only graphite and ruby red was offerend in 1992-1994. Blue MAY have been offered in the early part of 1992. Light gray, ruby red and sapphire blue was offered in 1990 and 1991.

I'll have to go through my pics to find that tan SWRC car. I have pics of two, both were column shift, oddly enough. I believe there was a 1993 and the other was a 1991.

As far as I can tell, tan was not as popular on the SL as it was with the S.