power window doesnt work in 1990 GP

cardboard

Hey

My passenger side power window hasnt worked in my 1990 grand prix

for a while now, so today I decided to take the door apart to see what is wrong. I used a multimeter to measure the voltage that the cables bring to the motor while the button is being pushed and it was 11.50volts, but the motor doesnt do anything, no sounds, nothing. Im guessing that the motor is dead, so I was going to take it out, but couldnt figure out how... So my question is how do i take the motor out??? there doesnt seem to be any way to do this, or am I missing something big here? I didnt see any screws, or anything. Anyone else ever done this before? and also, how much would a motor from a junkyard cost (canadian)?

Thanks!

[edit] BTW, its a 4 door grand prix, and its the front passengers window.

Ha! Thats funny, my passenger motor is going out (I think), that window lowers way slower than the others, so I took the door apart to check it out, got good voltage to the motor. Anyway, yes its held in with two rivets, and you can do what turby said to get them out/put new ones back in

Robby

You can drill out the rivets with a drill.

You can install another rivets but I think it uses 1/4 rivets and you need a rivet gun that can use 1/4 rivets like http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6783&item=2427062169

If you don't want use a rivet to install the motor back then use nuts and bolts instead and use lock washer.