exhaust MANIFOLD question

phantomFE3

Yea phantom it will. The heads are the same bolt pattern(same p/n) only glitch is that the exhaust outlet will piont the other way(towards the right side of the car). Might be benifical for dual exhaust or another turbo. :)

jud

dual exhaust, thats what i was thinking. you would run a seperate pipe down below the belts and to the back of the car, it might require some cutting and what not, but im gonna look more into it

Its going to be hard, there are splash guards down there, half shafts axles, etc. Even if you routed it around the belt, the alternator bracket comes VERY close to the firewall. Im not saying it cant be done, Im just saying its going to be hard.

Robby

alternator bracket? isnt the alternator on top? or does the bracket run all the way to the bottom? im gonna need to take a closer look at the engine bay on my car

Yea phantom it will. The heads are the same bolt pattern(same p/n) only glitch is that the exhaust outlet will piont the other way(towards the right side of the car). Might be benifical for dual exhaust or another turbo. :)

jud

Yeah if you pull the rear and put it on the front it will bolt up, but as Sleeper said the exhaust flange will point towards the passengers side of the car (the front of the motor). I don't know about any other W-bodies...but there is no room for anything on that side of the motor especially another turbo. You would have to custom fabricate a new upper motor mount bracket, most likely the water pump housing would also be in the way of the ehaust manifold bend. Would be worth the try just to be able to say you have a TWIN Turbo TGP :wink:

Manifold1.JPG Manifold2.JPG Manifold3.JPG

nah i was thinkin if i actually do start on the fastesat NA 3.1 in a w-body id do something with dual exhaust

Doing dual exhaust with the exhaust manifolds in the original configuration with just the cross-over removed would seem to be easier to me than to try and route exhaust pipe from the passengers side anyway. Remove the cross-over and have the pipe made to follow the original track of the stock exhaust...just two pipes? 8)

nah i was thinkin if i actually do start on the fastesat NA 3.1 in a w-body id do something with dual exhaust

In that case screw the idea of stock manifolds and weld up some headers. True duel exhaust is more of a novelty item anyway.

alternator bracket? isnt the alternator on top? or does the bracket run all the way to the bottom? im gonna need to take a closer look at the engine bay on my car

I meant if you took it around the belt say around the Tensioner or that area.

Robby