Update... power window problems WTF

meltboy1

On my 89 Prix, my drivers side window is having problems. It goes up just fine no problems, but going down I have to "help" it down. It's been slowly getting slower as it went down til yesterday when it stopped goin down on it's own. Is this just a track problem, maybe need greasing or is my motor on it's way out?

Id take the door panel off and seeif anything is binding or just needs some grease. I would think if the motor was going bad it would have trouble going up and down, not just down.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so after a while the window started workin fine again so I thought nothing of it, but yesterday I put it down and I hear something fall so I thought it fell off the track or something... great...

So I open the door panel today and look and somehow the motor unscrewed itself, not the whole thing, but just the 3 screws that hold the part with the rotor and gear on it. While it fell it broke the magnet and wire connections on the other end so it's shot and needs to be replaced. I was however quite amazed to see that it was the original power window motor almost 20 years and 233k miles later, unless whoever replaced it rivited it back in place, which I doubt. Damn I hate replacing those things... but how in the hell did it unscrew itself...lol