silly questions

89SupremeCutty

can i wire my stock rear 6x9's into an amp? the amp is a lightning audio that my friend is selling me for $20. i forgot the specs on it which i can get tomarrow. i do know that it's a 2-channel amp. can i also wire the front stockers into the amp along with the rears?

im going to be taking out the stock cd player cause at night the only lights that are lit up are where the eject, am/fm, cd and aux buttons are and i'll be putting in my craptacular alpine in.

The speakers would be a better match to the alpine then to a amp. You can hook them up but they probably wont last to long, crappy stock 10 year old speakers are not meant to be run off an amp. Your not gonna get much better sound out of them running them off an amp anyway.

seriously? that sounds good then. it probly won't be for a while though as cash is a little tight. a buddy of mine went there about 2 weeks ago and said that you guys were very helpful and friendly.

i have to do more research on what speakers i want to get (possibly pioneer) and eventually the HU i want to get, also possibly pioneer. thanks again for the info.

Chances are, the speakers would be better off powered by your deck. Not because they are old speakers and they can't handle being hooked to an amp (a REAL amp that is!), its that the lightning audio amp is going to be shitty. It is a terrible brand name, and definately won't produce power like its birth sheet says that it will. If it says 150 RMS, you would be lucky to get maybe 70 to 100, and very dirty at that.

I recommend saving your money and buying another brand name.

i remember my buddy told me that it had 250 RMS. i know that amp is shit and pretty much anything lightning audio. i was thinking for $20 i couldn't go wrong and it wouldn't hurt since eventually im going to replace the speakers. it's more or less for shits n' giggles.

It may not be the best amp ever but it will still put out more power then your headunit. Which putting out about 20wx4.

Did we do any work on your buddys car? Or did he just come in the showroom? We have pioneer headunits and speakers. I would recommend them for a headunit, but not as much for speakers. I would go with either Infinity or Memphis.

no he came down to the showroom for som battery cable and some connectors. it was about 3 weeks ago. you work on saturdays? im thinking of stopping there cause i have to get the in-dash kit for the car and wire harness for the HU.

i think im workin this saturday. Ill be there tues and thurs from 11-7 also.

i was up there this past saturday and got my stuff to put the alpine in. i kinda noticed a diff with the alpine but to me it didn't seem like much of one. my g/f noticed said she definately noticed a diff.