Combo glove box lock in an 89 GP SE?

AxlCrucifix

I feel like a giant idiot asking this, but my owners manual is lost in the basement, and I simply cannot get it to work!

Right now its opening and closing no problem at 000, but I can;t figure out how to change the combo on it. I can take a picture for those who aren;t familiar with these locks, as I am not sure just how many W's came with it, but when i try to move the little orange thing next to the digit rollers, it does nothing.

Hopefully someone can help me out, and not make fun of me too much :P

you open the box, while it is open keep the switch to the right side. While in that position switch that little orange switch up and it will lock it in the open position. Then you set the code to whatever you want and flip the orange switch down and you are done.

Thanks man!

It finally worked for me. The little orange switch didnt want to go up for me before, or today, so i used a little flat top screwdriver to push it up and it worked. I didn't want to do that before to force it until I found out for sure that it was supposed to move up. lol Thanks!

That looks awesome! But if you left the code in, someone might screw with it, then accidently put in a new code! :lol: other than that, I think I'd rather have a coded lock than a keyed lock. Thanks for the pic!

not the best pic, but it's one I already had uploaded...

DSC00474.jpg

Is that the ashtray in the glovebox??

Hey man, unrelated to the thread, but how did you get your deck to go in so far? did you cut out the back part a bit? mine sticks out quite a bit, and its got a two part sliding face, and the slide out bumps my hand when i shift into park if its open lol

that was actually in there when I got the car, but ya, there was some plastic piece in there I did cut a little bit when I swapped it out to put my Sony in. It still doesn't "fit" all the way, but it's still good and secure, which is all I care about in this car really.

When you take it out and look behind it, is there a big hole, or do you just see the back of the little compartment thing?

like does the back of the deck stick out of the plastic on the back, or no?

My deck it right up against it and still sticks out a lot :(