need some help as usual

kadoi

okay my car isnt making anyboost at all....and my wastegate thingingy sitting on top of my turbo...its rod isnt connected to the hinge on the turbo itself....what could that do....plus i have a red wire coming out of my fuel pump relay with a grey connector on it but its not connected to anything and their is no wires around that it would connect to....please help...thanks :oops: I know im new to this

okay my car isnt making anyboost at all....and my wastegate thingingy sitting on top of my turbo...its rod isnt connected to the hinge on the turbo itself....what could that do....plus i have a red wire coming out of my fuel pump relay with a grey connector on it but its not connected to anything and their is no wires around that it would connect to....please help...thanks :oops: I know im new to this

If the rod is not connected to the wastegate actuator diaphram or to the lever on the turbo itself it will make 0 boost as this what holds the wastegate closed to make boost... 8)

thanks thats what i thought so i connected it back...but im missing the clip and it just pops right back off...i guess ill make a crap clip for now out of some wire...thanks

that red wire is actually a fuel pump override... it is designed fo activate your feul pump when it is grounded, for diagnostic purposes.... the reason it is under your hood like that is cuz the pump itself is actually ontop/inside the tank, so it isnt practical to diagnose it like that, so if you have the manual override, you can tell if it is thepump or something else... thats what GM tells me anyway, kind clever, but they need to label shit

- Justin

That's the fuel pump prime. Connect it to +12V and the fuel pump will run. It's just to let you pre-pressurize the fuel system or for diagnostic purposes.