Did the rubber washer mod for my GTP's spoiler

9lumina6

Took the spoiler off for the 1st time in the car's 8 years of life to do the rubber washer mod so the spoiler doesnt sit directly on the trunk any more.

This is what 7 years of Pennsylvania dirt and 1 year of NY dirt looks like after taken the spoiler off. It washed off quite easy tho.

GTPs001.jpg

GTPs002.jpg

No after pic?

Nah.... it honestly looks the same as b4.....just now theres a tiny gap under the spoiler so the dirt wont sit under there any more.

Mine's leaking like a sieve right now.

I'm hoping to get the car off the road this weekend to take the spoiler off and get a gasket in there, right now the trunk is pretty wet after it rains!

That seems like a design that would cause leaks and rust - why didn't GM do stand-offs with rubber gaskets? :rolleyes:

Given enough time, there will be all these cars with moldy trunk mats with rusted out trunk floors.

I've really been meaning to do this with my Bonneville. Did you just put tape under the holes when you cleaned it off?

Yup....electrical tape under the holes and it was fine.... didnt leak in at all when i hosed it down.

I want to do that with my 89 GP, mainly to see if it stops it from rattling from the subwoofers lol

The subs have probably loosened some screws enough to allow a rattle...a lot more common than people think

That seems like a design that would cause leaks and rust - why didn't GM do stand-offs with rubber gaskets? :rolleyes:

Given enough time, there will be all these cars with moldy trunk mats with rusted out trunk floors.

seems to me they have always had the trunk problems. Even on some of the caddys. I have seen some that are all ice in the winter